Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
lakelivr

Foote, MS

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/17 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I live on Lake Washington about 20 miles south of Greenville. I don't know who I will order from. I haven't even talked to Host yet to get a build sheet. I've been trying to read anything I can to get ideas of what to get/not get. I'd be interested to hear any recommendations you have.

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/17 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lakelivr wrote:

Nice rig Faststreak. I can't believe there's another Mississippian on the TC thread. I live up in the De!ta. Don't have a truck camper yet but hope to order a Mammoth sometime after the first of the year. I'm trying to heal up from buying a new F450 right now.
Randy

It took me two years to recover from buying Ram 5500, so I know what you are going through. When you are closer to your purchase, I'll share what I know and Faststreak can give his input so you hear it from a local.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate 20' Car Carrier-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW 1200sp-VW Jetta TDI 1.9

Faststreak

Mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/03/17 09:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sometime if you are in the jackson area or can come here, come see my rig and we can exchange sotories and info. By the way I live almost on Ross Barnett, do you fish Lake Washington?

MrPhelps

Huntsville, AL

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 04:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fastbreak,

I've sent you a PM.

- 06 Dodge DRW CTD QC 4x4 Laramie, Nav, Powersteps, Exhaust Brake, Ricksons w/19.5 H ply XDS2 , Ride Rites, Ranchos, Bump Stops, Airbags, Superhitch, Bodiak, 60 gal Fuel tank

- 2018 Host Cascade dual slide

Raystar57

Richmond, TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/18 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumping this as there seems to be lots of interest in this unit.

Host has a video now with the single recliner and couch config and
it gives a good look at this option. Seems great for just two folks.

Area13 has one now with this config and is discussed in the other Host Cascade thread.

I am in Houston Texas area and there is not much choice to see them.
RV show had some smaller Lance units and they seemed nice.
Gazillion TT units but very limited TC showing.

There is an Austin RV show this weekend and there will be a Host Mammoth to see.
May make a quick jump to see it.

On the Cascade floor plan one thing I like is the rear dry bath with the window.
When you enter the unit you don't see the head right away.

So keep the updates and viewpoints coming as this unit seems to be gaining interest.
I know it has my attention.

[emoticon]

Qwkdraw21

Henderson,Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/18 08:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just picked up our Cascade, we love it, not seeing the bathroom as you walk in is a plus, it's very roomy and comfortable. With the recliners and TV and fireplace in front it's gives a residential feel to a TC. We upgraded the overhead bugeyed lights to ITC low profile 4K, gives it a brighter cleaner look.

2018 Host Cascade
2017 Ford F350 DRW Lariat 4x4
2008 Ranger Z21
2008 Express H18

work2much

Jackson Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/18 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Qwkdraw21 wrote:

Just picked up our Cascade, we love it, not seeing the bathroom as you walk in is a plus, it's very roomy and comfortable. With the recliners and TV and fireplace in front it's gives a residential feel to a TC. We upgraded the overhead bugeyed lights to ITC low profile 4K, gives it a brighter cleaner look.

Can you link to the lighting?

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.
2018 Host Mammoth. 1080 Watts solar. 600 AH usable battery. Magnum 2800 Watt inverter.

Qwkdraw21

Henderson,Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/18 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

here is the link, you can special order thru Campingworld they are inexpensive for the look you get once installed vs the "blue" effect from the bugeyes. They run less than $15 each well worth it. PM me if you want to see before and after.
http://www.itc-rv.com/product/radiance-x2-overhead-led-light/

Area13

Fox Island, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/18 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats, Very cool. How is it as far as riding in your truck? Your truck handle it well? Pick mine up in 2 months, can’t wait. You should post pics and/or video of your new rig.

2019 Host Cascade 10'6" 1-Recliner, 6’ Couch w/High-Low table, 2k Yami, 9k AC, 160W Solar, 2-6Volts
2006 Ford F350 DRW 4X4 PSD, Camper Package, CC, LB, 79k, Air Bags, Bilsteins, Upper-Stableloads

Qwkdraw21

Henderson,Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/18 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tried to post pics, cant get them to upload. As far as the riding in the truck, it's no problem at all. It's not different from our Arctic Fox 996 (dual slide)
weight of the Cascade as equipped is 3950 lbs. which is very comparable to the AF. We can Email pics if you'd like. WE are planing on doing more mods shelf under cabinets over chairs to house our sat. receiver, 40" Samsung TV 4K, Mo-ride swivel mount, installed 32" TV in the bedroom, recess shelf above fireplace for soundbar.replacing faucets to a residential style. more to come...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS