cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What TPMS do you use?

bigarm
Explorer
Explorer
My truck has its own system, but I am thinking about getting one for the toy hauler. Which system do you use and do you like it?
19 REPLIES 19

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
TST 507. Yes I like and recommend it.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
I don't use one. Check them before every trip and it should not be necessary. Our 13 explorer and our previous 07 Town And Country had them and the light never came on. Probably because I would check the tire pressures regularly.
Consider yourself lucky then. If I had one when my OEM tires went south it might have saved me some damage to the trailer.

IMO they are just like insurance: you pay for them and probably will never need them, but when you do you're glad you have them.

P.S. Checking tire pressure won't save you from nails or other debris that results in a slowish leak and ruined tire and/or resultant blow out from heat buildup. FWIW I checked the tire pressure the morning I lost 2 tires.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
I don't use one. Check them before every trip and it should not be necessary. Our 13 explorer and our previous 07 Town And Country had them and the light never came on. Probably because I would check the tire pressures regularly.

Never used one before but then last year had a brake hang up on the trailer that caused a lot of heat and then bearing failure. Cost me a small fortune to replace the axle. The TPMS would have saved me a ton of time, money and inconvenience as I would have noticed the high temp on the offending wheel and could have fixed it before catastrophic failure.

I never thought I would need one either as I do the checks every morning and temperatures at each stop. Didn't help me when the brake hung up on the interstate between stops.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
I just picked up a Tireminder 55c system. Have not tried it on the trailer yet but been testing it on the car. Seems to work well. Shows pressure and temperature for all 4 tires at the same time. No scrolling all the info right there. Needs a booster for the trailer but from what I read most do. Will be putting it on the trailer in the next couple of weeks for a short trip to a provincial park. Hope it works as well on the trailer as the car.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
TST 507 and I like it

Just added metal valve stems on the truck with new tires. Now I can add the truck on it too.
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
TST 507. Yes.

Same here.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:
Ron3rd wrote:
RCMAN46 wrote:
One problem with the TST system.

When there is an alarm you have to wait for the system to scroll to the affected tire to get a current pressure. Then it only stays on that tire for a couple seconds.

While driving difficult to see the affected tire pressure unless you keep your eye on the monitor.

Not good while driving. Need the pressure reading so you can determine if stopping now is necessary or if the pressure is safe enough to find an exit on a freeway or pull out on a two lane.

The pressure pro system displays the tire pressure that has alarmed and stays on that tire. Thus easy and quick to determine status of the tire in alarm.

The same would be easy to determine on systems that show all pressures at the same time.

Not sure what you mean; with my TST 507 when there is an alarm, it stays on that tire and flashes on that tire.

Pressure Pro and TST are both good systems.

But I believe you will find it does not display the pressure for that tire. At least mine does not. It does indicate the tire in alarm.

Just this week-end I got a high pressure alarm because I had the limit set too low and I had to wait for the system to scroll to get the pressure.

I wish I had replaced the batteries in my Pressure Pro system as it is a better one in my opinion.

I think you might be correct; the TST with alarm and flash on that tire. Does not display the pressure if I recall correctly.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
RCMAN46 wrote:

When there is an alarm you have to wait for the system to scroll to the affected tire to get a current pressure. Then it only stays on that tire for a couple seconds.

While driving difficult to see the affected tire pressure unless you keep your eye on the monitor.

Not good while driving. Need the pressure reading so you can determine if stopping now is necessary or if the pressure is safe enough to find an exit on a freeway or pull out on a two lane.

The pressure pro system displays the tire pressure that has alarmed and stays on that tire. Thus easy and quick to determine status of the tire in alarm.

The same would be easy to determine on systems that show all pressures at the same time.

Not sure what you mean; with my TST 507 when there is an alarm, it stays on that tire and flashes on that tire.

But I believe you will find it does not display the pressure for that tire. At least mine does not. It does indicate the tire in alarm.

Just this week-end I got a high pressure alarm because I had the limit set too low and I had to wait for the system to scroll to get the pressure.

I wish I had replaced the batteries in my Pressure Pro system as it is a better one in my opinion.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:

Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
TST 507. Yes.

X2
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pressure Pro since 2007 and it works well. I do have a repeater because I double tow and I monitor the boat trailer tires. I did replace 8 sensors this year for the first time. I do remove the sensors in the off season.

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pressure Pro since 2007 and works as advertised. Right rear toad tire is 65 feet from monitor and no repeater is used. Large monitor with easy to read pressure readings... but yes, I do have to scroll through all 12 tires. The only negative I can find about the system is that it uses non-replaceable batteries in the sensors; however, of the original 10 (previous mh was a non-tag) sensors, I still have two that are still operating. First sensor of the originals, lasted six years.

I purchased one of those cheap desk lamps with the flexible neck, disassembled it and threw away everything but the neck. Attached it to the back of the monitor, ran the wire down the inside of the neck and mounted the base of the neck to the top of my dashboard next to my window. All mounted it reminds me of the microphone driver's use in buses. I can move it up close to my line of sight or push it away when not in use.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....