gc1966
Explorer
Explorer
Masterbilt Electric Smoker

49 REPLIES 49

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I have twice used our Masterbilt PORTABLE Electric smoker with success. I plan on taking it camping this year.

See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Noel
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I would bring this up for a.......Thanksgiving TURKEY in the oven or otherwise.

Never tried this, but it will reduce cooking time and has other advantages. Do a Google search for Spatchcock Turkey.
Noel

2003 National Dolphin LX 6335, W22, 8.1L

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
mowin wrote:
My new smoker will be a little difficult to bring along on a camping trip.

Its got wheels, I don't see a problem

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
mowin wrote:

Impressive! :C
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

mowin
Explorer
Explorer

OldSmokey
Explorer
Explorer
excellent cooking.. I cook those meats with my old smokey.. takes more time to setup with spiral mounds of charcoal.. but end result is the same..

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Weber smoker and its charcoal which I love the taste of that with a chunk of cherry wood or two. Once you get the temp up it cruises along without any fuss. I dont have to worry about propane or electric, so dry camping its a plus. I have smoked ribs, chicken, turkey, pork butt, brisket and bacon. Ill be taking it with us next week when we camp at the beach. I just pack of the grills and this in heavy duty garbage bags and stow them in the back of the TT. No fuss
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the pic, that will make cleaning easier.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
JWilson,
This foil cookie sheet from WalMart has been working great for me. I use my tin snips to clip the lip off at the drain end and zero clean up on the smoker box.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
The grill plate, etc cleaned up good with Dawn 4x available at the grocery. Soaked for several hours, wire brush, repeat and 90%+ clean.

Place a common vegetable can in the bucket to catch the drips.

Bob

jwilson66
Explorer
Explorer
Based on some of the posts here, I pulled the trigger and got one of these things...my 2 cents:
(1) easy to use; gets up to temp very quickly and does a great job of maintaining temp with plenty of smoke for smoking
(2)undoubtedly great for a 5th wheel with basement storage; not so good with a travel trailer...but I simply put it in the back of the tow vehicle
(3) wish there were more room between the grease plate and the grill grates in order to put a decent sized drip tray
(4)I use foil over my grease tray to help keep it clean but when you don't do that, you don't get "direct" heat for grilling...not sure that matters when you can kick up the heat at the grate level to 400 plus degrees
(5) also lined my grease bucket with foil for easy cleaning.

All in all, great for camping or home use...not going to feed an army with it but a family of 4 is no issue. I've grilled chicken, brats, hamburgers, smoked chicken, baked potatoes (in foil), and a Pork butt...all came out good (overcooked the brats a bit, though...but that was my own fault).

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
New to pellet grill
Am familiar with all wood flavors for smoking.
Interested in favorite brands and sources.
I`ve seen them at H-D and other big box stores.

P.S. Glad Super Dave got his RV barn done and is again cooking LOL

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
The GMG Davey Crocket weighs 68 lb plus up to 9 lb of pellets. With the phone/WiFi I can start/stop the smoker, set/change the temperatures, set/change timers, display temperatures, run a profile to automatically make changes as the smoking progresses and I get various alerts on the phone.

In the picture below the left side handle is barely visible and the smoke stack is a sturdy/handy lift point. Also shown are the handle/legs, spring legs and drip bucket. It comes with a T handle socket wrench that can remove the legs or smoke stack for more compact storage. The pellet top and removable right tray can hold various items. It runs on 12V or 120V and I use some 12V LED lights for night time grilling.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Bob

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I have a WSM and I've brought it a few times to smoke ribs, chicken, and turkey. Lots of fun too.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"