cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sold our beloved Roo 23SS:(

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday i sold our Roo for above NADA average retail, to an older couple that will use it with daughter and grandkids.
CamperRoo gave over 10 great years of memories and service.

the outside had missing and peeling decals but the interior was in great shape and everything works. the only negative was a partial floor replacement in the back from a toilet seal leak.

bought new in 2006 and drove from Napa, Cal. to Chicago and back, in November, in 5 days.
i still consider myself a hybrid owner but the DW wanted a walkaround bed so we got a "shoebox" TT. i'll still miss the canvas experience but now that we're retired and will be taking 2-3 month trips after January, a TT fits that better.

i still plan on staying here and living vicariously through all of you hybrid owners.
plus the TT forum is more boring.;)
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes
2 REPLIES 2

fritz_monroe
Explorer
Explorer
I know we will miss our Roo when we finally decide to move to a hard sided TT. I love being able to open everything up and get great air flow. But it's a pain when you have to break camp in the rain or I have to close up by myself.

babamartha
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad you're hanging around. We need you! I, too, am a 'hybrid guy,' but now that I camp alone, I can see the writing on the wall. I'm dependent on the kindness of strangers at times. Lucky for me, campers are a friendly, helpful bunch of people.

Last year, my husband became ill and passed away while we were camping in Florida's beautiful parks.I had to stay an extra month to get things squared away. There were NO sites available, yet a local KOA opened a closed site for me and my new neighbors went above and beyond what regular people might do.

So, keep sharing your wisdom!
BabaMartha