cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fiberglass Repairs for Full Timer

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our MH has a crack in the side about 12" long. How do full timers get these things repaired without leaving the mh?
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am
4 REPLIES 4

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
lap527 wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:
Mobile RV Repair.

If you are in a CG ask the owner/manager who they use for Mobile Repair.

Inexpensive, done right at your CG site. AND in my experience they are VERY knowledgeable.

I have "all' my maintenance and/or repair done by RV Mobile Repair guys while I am parked at a CG.

Rockhillmanor hit the nail on the head. We love our mobile rv guy.

X3
God Bless!

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
If you can't find a mobile guy that can handle the repair, try calling boat repair shops or body shops that regularly do fiberglass repairs. Explain your situation, and it's likely you'll find at least one shop that will either be able to complete the repair in a day or at least arrange it so you can leave with the RV at the end of the day and return the next day as needed. Another option would be a shop that will let you plug into their power so you can spend at least the night in the RV. Over the years with various motorhomes we've had an engine, a transmission, and a complete rear axle assembly replaced, all while still living in the coach, at least at night.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Mobile RV Repair.

Inexpensive, done right at your CG site. AND in my experience they are VERY knowledgeable.

I have "all' my maintenance and/or repair done by RV Mobile Repair guys while I am parked at a CG.

Rockhillmanor hit the nail on the head. We love our mobile rv guy.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Mobile RV Repair.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.