cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

we are no longer full timers

tohare
Explorer
Explorer
After 8 years we are selling the motor home. We have moved into an apartment about 100 miles from where we started.
When we retired we sold our home, put some stuff in storage, and figured we be on the road a year or two. See some of this country and find a new place to live. After 2 years we got rid of the storage unit and kept going. Now we have decided handling the motor home is no longer fun. We love the destination but not the travelling.
We have enjoyed every bit of the adventure and regret nothing. As an aside, as we meet non- rvers and tell them what we had been doing, no one says anything negative, most are envious. So please, go, do enjoy and be safe! We wish you as much fun as we have. Make those memories.
14 REPLIES 14

Owinsmom
Explorer
Explorer
Very helpful information. We are thinking of becoming full-timers for 6 - 12 mos and renting out our townhome while we're gone. Not sure if it will materialize, but I sure would like to try.

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a House in TN. The 5th Wheel is in Mission Texas full time. We go down there for Winter.
God Bless!

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Also have not spoken about my prior FTing with anyone who had any negative comments. DW & I full timed nearly 15 yrs and 390,000 travel miles and finally quit about 7 months before her death in 2011. We loved every minute of our traveling lifestyle and wouldn't have traded it for anything. We bought a condo in Naples where I continue to live. I did buy a B+ motorhome in early 2015 and now leave FL in each April to return in Sep/Oct and I, like we used to do, just wander without much of a plan. Though it is not nearly as much fun or pleasing as it used to be, the travel beats sitting on my backside watching the summer everglades rain storms. I have fleeting thoughts of selling the condo and resuming the wandering full time
www.putt10.net

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Nice story

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
We've always said we would keep traveling till it's not fun anymore.

Our travels change from time to time but so far it's still fun.

If a stationary location is what makes you happy, more power to you.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 62...and did 8 years of full time at a pretty young age, starting in 1996 thru 2004...so it has been a while. Had a fantastic journey, and met a lot of friends along the way. Great times. It was much easier then, I think. RV parks and campgrounds were certainly less crowded.
Today..it's a new, but smaller rig. Still fun. But I do miss the adventure of full time life, at times. Who knows? May do it again.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to start year #13, no shut down in sight, since too much to see. 145,000 miles on 3 motorhomes, have two of them now, our Phaeton and the B+ vacation rig. Have grandkids in VA and FL see them 2 weeks per year in each location, week spring and week fall.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love RVing and are out on the road every chance we get. We are currently looking for a higher end rig for extended stays, alas, my DW will never go for full-timing, at least for now. She has no problem with a few months at a time and that works for me.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
You came, you went, and saw AND enjoyed the journey. Kudos to you!

Now it's time to sit back and enjoy the next phase of your life.

We all should be very thankful that we get the chance to travel at will RV'ing. Many don't have that wonderful opportunity.

Don't forget to stick around the forum and share your experiences full time RV'ing and also sharing your wealth of knowledge with other new RV'ers. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Glad it has been fun for you and I hope you keep doing some traveling.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
All good things come to and end. Enjoy your new phase of life.

By the way we our in our Eighth year fulltime and DW is starting to ask where & when will we park it.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Fair winds, and following seas
Hopefully there is a wonderful view of the sunsets where you setteled.

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
We made it 11 years and one year of snowbirding. We bought a house in Western CO and are now settled in here.
Like you we have absolutely no regrets and loved the lifestyle but age, health, and sort of having done it all caught up to us.
Do we ever miss it? Sure, sometimes, but still we made the change at the right time for us.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
we are in our 8th year over 140,000 miles and hope we have a few more years. We still have a list of places we want to see or see again. We too will have no regrets when the time comes to settle in one spot. Thanks for the smile today!
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi