cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Highway 93 Border crossing @ Roosville, AB & Montana

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all, I'm in the planning stages for a Glacier NP & Banff NP (Canada, of course) for 2018....a grand adventure!

Question I have is the border crossing on Highway 93 going into Canada after we do Glacier....this is NOT a question on paperwork, food, guns, etc!!!!!!

Q: I've heard long waits/lines at this crossing into the great white north. I expect I'd be crossing around 9am on a Monday or Tuesday (again, in 2018).

Any issues there with long waits? Would you recommend a different route from West Glacier, MT?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Ed_Rana2
Explorer
Explorer
Crossed yesterday (Friday, June 9) and there was no one but us. Traffic was very light up and through. Young man working there was thorough but efficient and friendly, just be straightforward.
Ed & Sally
2005 Jayco Jayflight 28'
2015 Chevy 2500

jimbob3ca
Explorer
Explorer
We cross at the Roosville crossing quite often. Many Canadians come through that crossing for weekends, and particularly on long weekends. Lines can be long going to the U. S. on Thurs. and Fri. and coming back to Canada on Sunday, or Monday and Tuesday after a long weekend. Weekends to avoid are the May long weekend, usually a week before Memorial Day, July 1st, the first weekend in August and Labor day which is the first weekend in Sept. Crossing mid-week is usually not too much of a problem.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
2lazy4U wrote:
I've gone through there a bunch of times and never had a wait. I've seen it lined up coming back into the States, though, but not when I came back through, never a delay (I always come back through in the evening). That's my favorite crossing. But if you to want be absolutely sure no wait, do the Chief's Mtn crossing, though you'll have to go back through Glacier, as it's on the east side. But Waterton is well worth the trip.

I have crossed on the East side a number of times. No wait -- No Problem. I often spend the day at Waterton Town Site Campground for the FHUs after dry camping at Glacier for a few days.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info.

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
I've gone through there a bunch of times and never had a wait. I've seen it lined up coming back into the States, though, but not when I came back through, never a delay (I always come back through in the evening). That's my favorite crossing. But if you to want be absolutely sure no wait, do the Chief's Mtn crossing, though you'll have to go back through Glacier, as it's on the east side. But Waterton is well worth the trip.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
It's a small station and often only one officer on duty. If you were to come in behind a vehicle that was deemed suspicious? then yup, you could be held up a bit, but by and large, anytime I have used it, was not an issue.

And what's this about a 'no gun' question...c'monnn...here is it Friday and we gotta pick an argument soon.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/