cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

89* in Fairbanks

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
What the heck took all of my Eskimo clothes. Hot as heck here. Maybe cool off when the sun goes down. Ooh wait it doesn't go down. They even put a umbrella in my beer.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU
13 REPLIES 13

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
Some comments:

- No. 1 Son is on the Richardson fire; as noted, that fire is in a series of dried-out black spruce bogs.....acres and acres of natures fireworks.
- Fairbanks is historically warm in the summers: without referencing official records, relatively frequent 80 - 100 degree days are not outside the realm of memory.
- Jet stream impacts Los Anchorage for good and bad and it (Jet stream) doesn't reach Fairbanks: 100 above to 60 below has happened in Fairbanks and harking back to 30 years ago, IIRC, buildings and facilities in Fairbanks had to be designed for -70 winter temps.....both of the Fairbanks markers are way extreme (I suspect outside of either memory or recorded temps) for Anchorage.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Fairbanks as well. Very pleasant Sat evening in Pioneer Park.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
It got up to 72 one year in Wawa, Ontario. The locals were on the verge of heat stroke.
Said it hadn't been that hot in however long.

EEWally
Explorer
Explorer
And we'll be getting close to record low temps in the next few days in Tahuya.
1997 Lance Squire 5000, 10-foot camper
2001 Dodge Ram, Cummins, Ext. Cab, 2WD
Our Trip Journal

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We had that kind of heat in Anchorage in 2009. I thought the locals were going to wither away!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
The Richardson Hwy (between Tok & Fairbanks) is closed this morning about 50 miles south of Fairbanks due to a forest fire. They're trying to get it out but it is in an area of black spruce that is highly inflammatory. Let's hope it doesn't spread too far...
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Drink more beer! Eventually the heat won't matter any more. ๐Ÿ˜‰

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably won't be too many years left until the North Pole ice will have melted away and the Earth will change it axis again and our new North Pole will be centered on the Star VEGA. Hawaii will then be the new North Pole here on Earth... Cold places on Earth will get hot and Hot places will get cold. Its been there done that already they say... Mankind will have to move to the warm habitable zones around the new equator to survive...

ICELAND will become a lush greenland like it was named after... There will be many small iceburgs floating around everywhere many with a polar bear on it dying of nothing to eat.. I guess it is the way the Earth resets things every few thousands of years... Hope we all survive as a human race...

Just my thoughts... Change is most definitely in the winds...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
When we were in Fairbanks in '13, it was 90*. We busted out the shorts for sightseeing that day. Just enjoy it. All the natives were complaining about the heat. LOL

It was much cooler when we got to Valdez, and wet, I might add. But we still enjoyed it, particularly their 4th of July parade in the rain and later the fireworks in the rain. Nothing can dampen their spirits! Great trip and great memories.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
That's the Interior: Hot summers (smoky lately) and cold winters.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:
We were in Fairbanks for the Solstice in '15' it was in the 80's then. You needed beer then to wash the smoke down.

10 more days
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
And that was a picture of the deck at Pike's Landing on the Chena River in Fbks. Headed that way in about eight hours from Anch.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
We were in Fairbanks for the Solstice in '15' it was in the 80's then. You needed beer then to wash the smoke down.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu