cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New York City RV Parking

txnese
Explorer
Explorer
Heading up to New York City soon. Looking for somewhere to park an RV while we tour. Doesn't have to be in NYC, but close enough to ride subway in. I found Liberty Harbor, but that's campground and plan B. Just looking to park an RV for a few hours, parking lot that will accommodate an RV would be ideal. Just not familiar with the area. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

txnese
Explorer
Explorer
I was able to get a spot at Liberty. Thanks everyone.

kast7
Explorer
Explorer
there is a national park campground in Brooklyn, NY no hook ups, but very cheap. There are special directions on how to get an RV there. Go on NPS.gov website to find out more.
Have not tried it but looks like many do. You are able to access public transportation from the park and probably takes about an hour into Manhattan. The park was an old airfield so may be mostly cement but in the pictures there also seems to be a "park"

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
jeffcarp, that's a good suggestion. They usually look pretty croded but surely worth calling and asking.

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
What about a private parking company with flat lots at Newark Airport?
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
I live about 25 miles from NYC and would definitely NOT recommend taking an RV into any of the 5 Boroughs if at all possible.

Liberty Harbor is the best answer that comes to mind. Possibly check with the parking concession at nearby Liberty State Park also.

Other than that, I can only think of something like a mall parking lot along a commuter route and those don't always have a direct route into the city.

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
This company has oversized parking options close to Manhattan. http://www.nytruckparking.com/Rates.html
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
We've camped at Liberty Harbor. The parking lot has 24-hour security, an important point. From there it is a walk of 5 blocks to the PATH (subway) station for transit to Manhattan. PATH trains run all night.

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Liberty Harbor. Easy access to NYC.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
There is a large parking lot at Liberty Harbor that is used by commuters that use the ferry to get across the river.
Have you asked Liberty Harbor if you could park the RV there?
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
My one and only RV experience in NY City proper was horrible so if you want to avoid frustration, stay way on the outskirts of town and drive in. I have to admit, our journey took us across the George Washington Bridge on our way to Long Island, something I'll never do again in a motorhome. Good Luck..
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try croton on the Hudson and see if you can park in the train station. Also Liberty harbor has a huge parking lot surrounding being it as well. I don't know if they allow oversiEd vehicles in either though. We have stayed at both and for ease of getting downtown, LIBERTY harbor is the best.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts