Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Best electric tongue jack?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > Best electric tongue jack?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Estorni

Callifornia

New Member

Joined: 05/08/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/12/18 09:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last September (2017) I bought a Riverside Retro 177SE and have taken it out a half-dozen times. Are these electric jacks easy to install?

SoundGuy

S Ontario

Senior Member

Joined: 02/11/2015

View Profile



Posted: 05/12/18 09:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Estorni wrote:

Last September (2017) I bought a Riverside Retro 177SE and have taken it out a half-dozen times. Are these electric jacks easy to install?


Support the trailer tongue, remove 3 bolts securing your manual tongue jack to the A-frame and remove it, install the power tongue jack using the same 3 bolts, and wire the tongue jack cable to the battery's positive terminal. Ground connection is usually made by the tongue jack frame contacting the trailer's A-frame, 'though my new UltraFab 3502 does have a separate ground wire that bolts to the frame to ensure a solid connection.

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/28/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/12/18 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In just a few months, I replaced the FIC 3500-2 Chinese off brand junk power tongue jack that came on my Jayco 23RB, with a Barker Deluxe High Power 3500 power tongue jack. The FIC junk sounded like it was going to break every time I used it.

I've had Barker power tongue jacks on all of my other trailers.


Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/28/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/12/18 07:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After a few months, I replaced the FIC 3500-2 Chinese off brand junk power tongue jack that came on my Jayco 23RB, with a Barker Deluxe High Power 3500 power tongue jack. The FIC junk sounded like it was going to break every time I used it.

I've had Barker power tongue jacks on all of my other trailers.

Estorni

Callifornia

New Member

Joined: 05/08/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/13/18 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoundGuy wrote:

Estorni wrote:

Last September (2017) I bought a Riverside Retro 177SE and have taken it out a half-dozen times. Are these electric jacks easy to install?


Support the trailer tongue, remove 3 bolts securing your manual tongue jack to the A-frame and remove it, install the power tongue jack using the same 3 bolts, and wire the tongue jack cable to the battery's positive terminal. Ground connection is usually made by the tongue jack frame contacting the trailer's A-frame, 'though my new UltraFab 3502 does have a separate ground wire that bolts to the frame to ensure a solid connection.


Thanks so much!!

rbpru

North Central Indiana

Senior Member

Joined: 12/18/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/14/18 02:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If what was on it worked, that is what you need.

I replaced my manual jack with another manual jack for $40.00. It is the last vestige of exercise I get, since I switched from a PUP to a TT. [emoticon]


Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.


S.Dupree

Georgia

New Member

Joined: 06/30/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/26/18 08:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought one of these 4 years ago and have never had any issues with it- I would buy another in a minute if my current ever needs to be replaced. My Trailer is a 30 ft. sunnybrook weighing over 7,000 lbs - price is under 125.00

https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Quick-JQ-3500B-Electric-Capacity/dp/B00B9IVRCW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527386578&sr=8-3&keywords=jack+quick

SkimmerBob

Riverview,MI

New Member

Joined: 04/18/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/27/18 05:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My two cents is … ALWAYS put a cover over the head with the motor. I use one that came with my 2015 Jayco. After a couple of years the motor locked up solid so I had to use the manual adapter. When I got home I took it apart and found the whole motor cavity rusted up. So I took the motor apart and sanded and clean it up and reassembled it. It works perfectly. Now I have a small plastic waste basket that I put a couple locker hooks on the inside to hang the safety chains on to hold it down. While traveling I either hook a bungee from the locker hooks to the tounge or travel without it on. Then put it on while parked. When it failed as I shopped I noticed some brand say sealed and some don't.

SoundGuy

S Ontario

Senior Member

Joined: 02/11/2015

View Profile



Posted: 05/28/18 04:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SkimmerBob wrote:

My two cents is … ALWAYS put a cover over the head with the motor.


Easy ... Ultra-Fab Tongue Jack Cover ...

Mine stays on permanently as I can operate the switch through the material.

[image]

During the camping season when the trailer is stored I cover the entire tongue to prevent fading of the black plastic parts and to further protect the tongue jack ...

[image]

During winter storage I replace the power tongue jack with a manual version and store the powered version in my workshop.


2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

ryanw821

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Senior Member

Joined: 03/30/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/30/18 07:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

S.Dupree wrote:

I bought one of these 4 years ago and have never had any issues with it- I would buy another in a minute if my current ever needs to be replaced. My Trailer is a 30 ft. sunnybrook weighing over 7,000 lbs - price is under 125.00

https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Quick-JQ-350........id=1527386578&sr=8-3&keywords=jack+quick


I installed the Jack Quick 3000 ($99) on my rig 3 years ago now, It's fantastic, I'd certainly buy another one too. For the price of them, they really are fantastic jacks.


TT - 2015 Palomino Puma 26RLSS
TV - 2017 Nissan Titan XD (Cummins diesel)


This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > Best electric tongue jack?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.