cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1998 Dutchman Classic 747SL questions

Wisconsin1
Explorer
Explorer
I just recently purchased a 1998 Dutchman Classic 747SL. I have purchased several trailers in the past and haven't had any problems but on this one, I can not find the VIN/Serial number. I looked all over the frame, tongue, inside the cabinets and nothing. We asked the previous about a title and where they purchased it from. They said they got it from a dealer and they didn't get any title. We contacted the dealer and they have no record of a VIN number. Our insurance company will not insure it without the VIN. Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need insurance on something that is only worth $1600-$2000?

Another question I have is the safety cable limiting how high the roof can be raised is broken, can someone tell me the height the roof is supposed to go up. I just eyeballed it but I want to put a new cable on so if someone sets it up they don't bring it up too much. Thanks for all of your help!
3 REPLIES 3

Wisconsin1
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what the roof height is supposed to be when raised? The safety indicator cable has been cut and I don't want to raise it too high or too short. There is nothing for this in the manual. Thanks

Wisconsin1
Explorer
Explorer
In Wisconsin, if the trailer is under 3000# we don't have to register it. I talked to the insurance company today all I have to do is etch some numbers like my birthday into the frame, take a picture of it, and send it to them.

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldn't you need a vin number to register it