cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flag Pole

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I've had two Poles and Holders flagpoles. I've managed to break them both and now looking to replace the last one. Corky is great, love the guy and he's fixed mine numerous times all at no charge and with a smile but I'm fortunate to be relatively close to them. However I don't like the pins he uses to secure the sections, kind of cheesy and after a short time the holes egg out a bit and the detent balls pull through. I've gone to hose clamps with thumb screws instead but if you put the flag up/down frequently both are a PITA. As for mounts I have a few options and more on the way so that's not a problem (I'll make whatever I need).

So what else is there? Usually camp in the desert so wind it always a concern and I'm sure why I've had issues; I hate it when I come back from a ride to find the pole collapsed and the flag on the ground, especially if its the stars and stripes!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX
24 REPLIES 24

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:
I use a Superior 3, 30ft telescoping flag pole when we go to races. Holds 3 flags 3'x 5'. Uses spring loaded buttons at each extension. They also make 20' and 25' poles as well. A little pricy but will be the last pole you'll need to buy. They have a couple different mounting options. A company called Telepole. http://www.tele-pole.com/

yep they're nice but WOW! $200.00 is more than I'm willing to pay for something like this, especially when its subject to wind and throwing it in to the pass thru.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Superior 3, 30ft telescoping flag pole when we go to races. Holds 3 flags 3'x 5'. Uses spring loaded buttons at each extension. They also make 20' and 25' poles as well. A little pricy but will be the last pole you'll need to buy. They have a couple different mounting options. A company called Telepole. http://www.tele-pole.com/
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Finally used my new Harbor Freight flag pole this weekend.

I built an aluminum bracket that sits under the landing gear. Works pretty well but needs some mods. to be better. First time for me welding aluminum so was a learning experience, one that needs a LOT more practice! Will get it perfected and post a pic.

Flag pole itself is great, super strong and stiff, does not bend in the wind very much but we didn't have any real strong winds this weekend.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
I have had this pole for 15+ years, and use it for work, and for my flagpole. Extremely robust. Comes in 18' also.

Telescoping Fish Stick, 24 ft, Fiberglass
2007 Duramax, Cognito 7"-9" Lift,

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Use this one

LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

dedmiston
RideSlow wrote:
Just looked at the web site for the flag pole buddy, but I did not see any mounted on a ladder like I have on the side of my Stealth, folds up against the RV when not in use. Anyone using one on the folding ladder?

Yes. It works fine, whether the ladder is deployed or not.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I use a flagpole from Telepole, 30ft will handle 3 flags and lowers using attached push pins. Mine is the Superior 3. Here is a link,
http://www.tele-pole.com/flagpoles/superior-3-flagpole/
A little more expensive but has a 15yr warranty, use ours at Nascar races with 3 flags.
They also have 20 and 25 ft poles.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
Just looked at the web site for the flag pole buddy, but I did not see any mounted on a ladder like I have on the side of my Stealth, folds up against the RV when not in use. Anyone using one on the folding ladder?
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Use these on the old flag pole

LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought one of these from Harbor Freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/20-ft-telescoping-flag-pole-62285.html

still need to make a mount but it looks real sturdy and for $60.00 what a deal.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
2 2x3 flags on a 16ft pole bought the flag pole light for the flag in front of the house.
http://www.flagpolebuddy.com/
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
Today I bought the 1.0 pole mount from Flagpole Buddy to hold my weather station head. Complete overkill but it gets the job done clean and nice

I was thinking the same thing for a cell phone booster antenna
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Today I bought the 1.0 pole mount from Flagpole Buddy to hold my weather station head. Complete overkill but it gets the job done clean and nice
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

dedmiston
I love Corky at Poles and Holders too, but I shopped around when I got a new pole for our new fifth wheel. I absolutely LOVE the folks at Flagpole Buddy and love their equipment.

The pole goes together much better than Poles and Holders. The hardware is top notch, even the rings and flag clips.

It blew on us really hard last week up on the Central Coast. I finally took it down because it was keeping our daughter awake (she slept in the garage). There's no way I could have taken down a P&H pole in the high wind like that.

The flagpole buddy has two mounts, so it's holding the pole in two places. It's much sturdier and doesn't bend the pole as much.

I also got the solar marker light that screws into the top of the pole. Works great.

A number of people we talked to in town and down on the beach remarked on the pole and the flag: "Are you in the rig up on the bluff with the big flag?"

Give Christine at FlagpoleBuddy.com a call or email her (flagpole_buddy@me.com). She took great care of me and even threw in a free Birthday Cake flag since the order was for my wife's birthday.

http://www.flagpolebuddy.com/

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230