cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Negative dew points in AZ

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I see that yesterday Tucson had a dew point of -2F, and Nogales was -6F. With a 101 degree high in Tucson, that corresponded to a relative humidity of 2 percent! Crazy.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
23 REPLIES 23

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
We woke up to 63 degrees this morning in Payson, Az.
Talk about perfect. We sat on the porch with the dogs for most of the morning. There was a nice breeze, which we commented felt 'cool'.
A high of 92 this afternoon, so we are catching up on something we have on DVR, inside with the air on. We will back out on the porch after dinner this evening, enjoying our panoramic view of the Mogollon Rim as the sun goes down. No humidity, no bugs. Life is good.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
rocmoc wrote:
Really not a problem. We run the evaporative / swamp cooler until monsoon season then switch over to AC. Ave daily temps drop when monsoon season starts. House currently 75 degree with 31% humidity and 102 degrees 12% outside. Today high suppose to be 105+. When you jump out of the pool at 2 - 12% humidity and a little breeze, It is COLD! Would rather be here! Work in the morning when it is cool. Woke to 61 this morning. Took a bike ride, worked in the garden and now watching motocross & swim after.

rocmoc n AZ

x2 ... Last month's electric bill for 2400 sq ft all electric home was $138, and like rocmoc, it was always in the 70's inside the house. Evap coolers work great here until monsoon season, then we switch on the HVAC. Go for a walk at first light, then work in the yard for awhile, then retreat indoors!

big_jim_2
Explorer
Explorer
My and I spent five weeks of a ten week reservation in the dry Arizona desert in the winter. She affirmed my opinion we when I asked if she liked it there and she said no way! Three days later we were sitting on the gulf in GulfShores Al. I told the people that were trying to sell me a lot I wouldn't take it they gave to me . And I meant it. I told my fr iends my trip to dry west sent back to church as I now how hell fells like!

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
pawatt wrote:
John&Joey wrote:
An here I sit in the land of sky blue waters having a cocktail during on golden pond time. :B

Wonder what FL is like right now? :W

You forgot the part about sitting in the rain slapping mosquitoes and shivering in the cold.

I really don't remember any of that:h. Then again I'm part of the 70 degree club not the 90 degree club. 70's during the day and 50's at night is perfect weather IMO. We really don't have mosquitoes either, the bat house seems to make short order of them.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Remember to keep sipping on that water. We were there once and DH kept saying he wasn't thirsty. You don't feel thirsty, and you aren't sweating from the heat because your perspiration dries before you notice. He has heart trouble and started to have arrhythmia cause he was dehydrated. Two trips to the ER were not fun. So drink up even if you're not thirsty because your body is!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
We had a high of around 62 today in Birch Bay, WA with some sun peeking through. :W

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:
An here I sit in the land of sky blue waters having a cocktail during on golden pond time. :B

You forgot the part about sitting in the rain slapping mosquitoes and shivering in the cold.
pawatt

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Whew....glad it's cooler today than yesterday.

Of course our Winter home is a little warmer today.

Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Really not a problem. We run the evaporative / swamp cooler until monsoon season then switch over to AC. Ave daily temps drop when monsoon season starts. House currently 75 degree with 31% humidity and 102 degrees 12% outside. Today high suppose to be 105+. When you jump out of the pool at 2 - 12% humidity and a little breeze, It is COLD! Would rather be here! Work in the morning when it is cool. Woke to 61 this morning. Took a bike ride, worked in the garden and now watching motocross & swim after.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
I guess we are the odd ones. Although We don't love excessive humidity, we found excessive dryness in AZ more problematic. It caused us dry nasal passages, static in my hair and very itchy skin. As we traveled back East into more humid climates we felt much relief and were more comfortable.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We Winter just up the road from Tucson in Eloy...no rain in the forecast.:B

Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Snowman9000 wrote:
I pulled this up on my phone. How low can it go...?

If you were here, as in my house... rest assured we would be having way too much fun. But we do keep heading up to the White Mountains every time the temps get above 100 for a more than a day or two. Just got back from Big Lake and will be returning soon... no doubt. In the mean time we are enjoying our high Sonoran Desert summer but then we have been doing so for 12 years.

:C

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer

Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.