Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eclipse Attitude

ducksquasher
Explorer
Explorer
All,

Thanks for all of the advice on the other post. We went and started looking at 5th wheels. My wife liked the floor plan of an Attitude by Eclipse. I have seen plenty on the road but I wanted to see what everyone thinks about overall quality, craftsmanship, etc.

Thanks in advance!
13 REPLIES 13

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:
judelaurenzo25g wrote:
N-Trouble wrote:
I had the frame cracks on my 2015 28SAG after doing a spring over axle flip. Lippert covered the repairs and added three crossmembers. Don't assume anything has changed in the last couple of years. This industry in general is not quick to step up and address issues/shortcomings.

I do love the size and layout of the trailer though.

I actually read about this issue before I bought my trailer. It was supposedly was addressed by lippert.

Does yours have crossmembers running parallel to the axles between the spring perches? Post up some pics and I can tell you if its been addressed.

This was a major concern for me since I had read a few post of others having cracked frames. The rep from Eclipse, not the dealer told me Lippert switched up the design for them since all the "18" models no longer have wheel wells inside the trailer and come with "flipped axles" from the factory. He also said if I tried to raise my trailer in anyway it would then void the warranty unless it was done by lippert or eclipse. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

My cousin has a 2015 28SAG (bought in 13/14 - with blue decals) and our trailers are similar but lots has changed. He still has his axles under and has not had any frame issues.
A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
judelaurenzo25g wrote:
N-Trouble wrote:
I had the frame cracks on my 2015 28SAG after doing a spring over axle flip. Lippert covered the repairs and added three crossmembers. Don't assume anything has changed in the last couple of years. This industry in general is not quick to step up and address issues/shortcomings.

I actually read about this issue before I bought my trailer. It was supposedly was addressed by lippert.

Does yours have crossmembers running parallel to the axles between the spring perches? Post up some pics and I can tell you if its been addressed.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
ducksquasher wrote:
All,

Thanks for all of the advice on the other post. We went and started looking at 5th wheels. My wife liked the floor plan of an Attitude by Eclipse. I have seen plenty on the road but I wanted to see what everyone thinks about overall quality, craftsmanship, etc.

Thanks in advance!

To be honest, I've had several issues with my 18 Attitude SAG. I've always owned used RV's and trailers so all the kinks were worked out. So believe me when I say I was not happy when the issues started to surface. I've talked to several people at different campgrounds and they've all had their share no matter what make, model, toy hauler or travel trailer.

As far as warranty claim, I was not happy with the way the sale went with Giant RV, so I contacted Eclipse directly. They have been nothing but helpful to fix all the issues with my unit. I took it to them once and they kept it for a couple of weeks. When I picked up they went over everything and we inspected it together. As I keep finding little things here or there I just give them a call or send them a email. They'll ship me the part, no questions asked. Should I have to fix these things? Absolutely not but I'd rather do it myself so I know it's done right.

I shopped for 6 months and saw every unit that fit my needs. I don't feel that my unit was built better than the others, We just loved the layout. I saw a few other units that were similar but they used things like old switch lights etc ect. If I would have bought from another company I'm sure I still would have had a laundry list of issues.

Feel free to PM me at any time if you have any questions about my deal. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
JL

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
EVERY trailer has issues. Nature of the beast. A good warranty and a dealer willing to work for the customer after the sale is key.
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
JAC1982 wrote:
otrfun wrote:
JAC1982 wrote:
. . . the Triton was our 2nd choice behind the Impact we bought. But when we were looking last year, they didn't offer auto-leveling which was a deal killer for us. Maybe they've added that now.
The Triton is a budget/entry-level line of toy haulers made by Voltage/Dutchmen. To keep in line with their marketing focus for the Triton rather doubt they'll add or offer auto-leveling. Auto-leveling is readily available and very common on the higher cost Voltage line.
Yeah that's why we weren't holding our breath and forked over a bit extra to do the Impact (the "cheaper" version of Fuzion). I will say, it felt cheaper in general than the Impact, but of course, the price was less too.
Yup, everybody's got a budget they want or need to stick with, so relative value and quality change accordingly---lol!

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
otrfun wrote:
JAC1982 wrote:
. . . the Triton was our 2nd choice behind the Impact we bought. But when we were looking last year, they didn't offer auto-leveling which was a deal killer for us. Maybe they've added that now.
The Triton is a budget/entry-level line of toy haulers made by Voltage/Dutchmen. To keep in line with their marketing focus for the Triton rather doubt they'll add or offer auto-leveling. Auto-leveling is readily available and very common on the higher cost Voltage line.

Yeah that's why we weren't holding our breath and forked over a bit extra to do the Impact (the "cheaper" version of Fuzion). I will say, it felt cheaper in general than the Impact, but of course, the price was less too.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
JAC1982 wrote:

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer

2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
LOL on the high cabinets. I'm 5'3" and that's the biggest thing I don't like about our new hauler. Just bought a new stepstool to keep in the trailer from Costco. I put our food up there in bins, organized so I only need to bring down one bin at a time.

Also, the Triton was our 2nd choice behind the Impact we bought. But when we were looking last year, they didn't offer auto-leveling which was a deal killer for us. Maybe they've added that now.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
2001400ex wrote:
My wife dismissed the Triton the first second she walked in cause the cupboards we're mounted on the ceiling, she'd need 4 step stool to reach anything. I agreed with that. However I do like how the bump out on the one we looked at included the kitchen and not just the one sofa . . .
There's no accounting for taste, wants, and needs--lol! We love those high cupboards! We have so many items we only use a few times a year, so we stow those items up and out of the way---nice not having this stuff get in the way of stuff we use everyday. We also fell in love with the shower in our Triton. It's a near residential size shower. We've seen the same shower in 150k-200k motorhomes.

One of the biggest reasons we went with the Triton was the 50a service, 2nd a/c, and the Onan 5500. At the time we were looking all the smaller Eclipse, Genesis, and Forest River 5th wheel toy haulers were priced the same as the Triton and only had 30a service, an Onan 4000, and one a/c. Here in the desert SW it's near impossible for one a/c to cool-down a 30-32 ft. 5th wheel when it's 110-115 degrees out.

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
My wife dismissed the Triton the first second she walked in cause the cupboards we're mounted on the ceiling, she'd need 4 step stool to reach anything. I agreed with that. However I do like how the bump out on the one we looked at included the kitchen and not just the one sofa.

We are looking for the exact same thing, small fifth wheel toy hauler. My wife and I actually prefer some of the features of the eclipse better than shockwave/sandstorm/stealth. There's more useable drawers in the kitchen and the bedroom has a bigger closet, rest is the same except it's 500 pounds lighter. The downside is there is no local dealer around Spokane for eclipse. In addition, if you Google eclipse attitude, many frame issues, some were taken care of by them. I'm guessing this has been fixed by now, but that does make me Leary.

So we are going to look at a shockwave 28 tomorrow, which is 32 feet. I currently own a shockwave bumper pull and it's been perfect. My brothers 2017 has been in the shop more than he's had it. I think all brands are like that unfortunately.

Good luck, let us know what you go with.
2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like every brand, some love 'em, some don't.

We were looking at smaller (30-32 ft.) 5th wheel toy haulers (Eclipse, Genesis, Forest River, etc.) early last year. We were about to pull the trigger on an Eclipse when we looked at some Voltage Tritons. They offer excellent value if you can find a dealer that's discounting them. Their quality, IMO, is very much on-par with anything else out there.

Good luck!