cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alaska Marine Highway Closing?

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer
I read that the AMH may be closing at the end of the month.
Does anyone have more information?
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired
4 REPLIES 4

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Regarding "stupid legislatures" and members of Congress, my experience has shown that while YOUR elected representative is stupid, mine is ok and I reelect him/her time after time, and while you believe MY elected representative is stupid, you believe your elected....

I remember survey that found 90% of the people surveyed thought that members of congress were crooked. 70% thought their congressman was not crooked
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
True, but after the same thing happening for the last three years or so, more and more of the old guard in Alaska are being voted out when they come up for election as the people are getting very tired of it.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding "stupid legislatures" and members of Congress, my experience has shown that while YOUR elected representative is stupid, mine is ok and I reelect him/her time after time, and while you believe MY elected representative is stupid, you believe your elected....
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I believe they took a ferry out of service for maintenance.

AND, the stupid legislature in Juneau can't agree on a budget so the governor has called them back into an extended session. If they don't pass a budget by July 1st, all State employees could be temporarily laid off though the State has the option of keeping certain "emergency" employees working, but of course they haven't defined those workers as far as I know. Yes, the ferry workers are State employees.

What's going on in Juneau

It's wait and see.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.