cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Started to look into some water damage in the kitchen of our 83 Pace Arrow. The more I looked, the more I found. I have some pics of the damage so far. Anyone interested in following a rebuild thread?
If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.
8,452 REPLIES 8,452

Kels0507
Explorer
Explorer

I am interested in watching a rebuild thread (if still available) on the 1983 fleetwood pace arrow

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad

Here you can see the 2 pieces on the left with the uprights holding the 2 x 3's. This is just a temporary solution as I work on things in the middle of the "living room".

extrashelves2

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad

Well, here is what I did. Using some 2 x 3 x 8 lumber, I created some extra shelf space next to the roof. Fortunately, I still have a few inches of headroom and can walk around under this.,

Using the existing shelving, running a 2 x 3 across the width, and then a brace under the horizontal 2 x 3's to hold them up, along with a few Kreg screws, and now I have some extra space for some lightweight items to get them off the floor and out of my way until I use them.

extrashelves

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad

Now, I think I've got it. Whatcha' gonna' do, whathca' gonna' do,  what are you going to do, when you are running out of space to work and have wood on the floor in the way? Kind of like this...

Black walnut that has been ripped to a thin, roughly 1/8" thick.

blackwalnut3

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad

Well, due to technical difficulties, I can't post any pics tonight. I'll try to get things corrected for tomorrow night. Have a great day!

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad

Good evening everyone. Nope, not dead. Sorry for being M.I.A. for a while. It's good to be back. Hope your year is starting off well. I won't bore you with a bunch of B.S. stories. (Baby Sitting). Ah, I'll tell ya, grandkids are great. You can love 'em and send 'em home! Lol.

Anyhow, couple of pics coming up.

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad

I'm still here, after bumbling around a good while.  Not fond of the new format; not near as clean as the previous version.  But I will soldier on...  Still looking forward to your remodel efforts, fulltimin.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II

Hey, fulltimin - good to see you here!

All 8400-something replies to your topic are here. And apparently I have found your thread (without even searching), and the latest reply is at the top of the list - there is a user setting for that, and I no longer need to navigate to the very last page.

I have been using the site on a smallish smartphone screen, and it is now mobile friendly. I have to admit that I haven't seen the new layout on a big screen yet, though.

Hang in there, it may grow on you. And I need to see the progress of your project ๐Ÿ˜‰

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Yep we're all still here. True it is different than before and I was a bit apprehensive yesterday. But after being on the new format for a day now I'm finding it easier and easier.Fulltimin I look forward to seeing updates on your project in the future.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad

Well, I must say, what a shock to see the new format. Looks like there are others not very happy either. Look like we just landed on Mars!

I wanted to check in, as we are currently in the Poconos in Eastern Pa for this week. I hope to get back to work on the moho next week one day.

Then again, I guess it depends on whether anyone can find this thread anymore. I cast one vote for going back to the old format, if this is the only other option.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
aro_sie wrote:
I would think just visiting the Moho would be an incentive to wanting to work on it again. We took our 7 week old grand on a trip from SC to Missouri. It worked out fine.

The good news is that our schedule just changed with the grand baby, so maybe I'll be able to get something done. Wahoo!

aro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
I would think just visiting the Moho would be an incentive to wanting to work on it again. We took our 7 week old grand on a trip from SC to Missouri. It worked out fine.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
70 tomorrow. Then back to the 50's. I did get some cleaning done on the inside of the moho. First I have been out there for a while.

Perhaps that will spur me on.....

aro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Our temps are supposed to moderate a bit for the weekend. I sure am glad of that! One of my Grands and I went out to lunch yesterday and last night I was out to dinner. What a day! Since I have moved I still havent found my winter coats. I am hoping I do today. I still have like 5 or so big boxes I havent unpacked.So, I cant pick on full for not finishing his rebuild!