Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 674  
Prev  |  Next
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/19 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the other side of the that piece of insulation, is where another piece of wood will go. This will be about 3 inches wide, and will be at the 10" to 13" mark from the side of the wall.

That will give me a solid place to mount the upper cabinets to the ceiling.

As you can see, I already have 2 places on the wall to mount cabinets, and this will make a nice 3 point area for fastening.

The red arrow is where the wood goes, the yellow arrow is for more insulation.

[image]

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

2bzy2c

California

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/19 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe this was asked before, but are you going to also build your own cabinets? If so, that will be quite the undertaking, not that is hasn't been so far, considering the care and time you have taken with the unseen insulation. I can only imagine what the cabinet process will be. Good for you no matter what you end up doing.

My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/19 09:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I added another piece of insulation to the ceiling today. I removed the braces from the piece on the drivers side, and "glued" the next piece to the right side up front, leaving a little over 3" in between the 2 pieces in the center.

[image]

Whoa, wait a minute. Back the truck up!

What?

I thought you said you just put that piece on the left side yesterday?

Yup!

Well, why did you wait 2 days for the adhesive to cure on the 1.5" insulation, and only 1 day for this, 1" thick insulation.

Good question.

The adhesive for this "glue" is primarily between 2 pieces of insulation. The prior "glue" was between insulation and plywood which is on the roof, and the plywood was subject to the outside temperatures.

I figured temperatures would affect this glue up less than it would on the insulation/wood glue line.

I gingerly, removed the first brace, and the 1" insulation did not move or separate from the insulation on top, so I continued to remove more braces and saw no movement, so I just kept on going until they were all removed.

Hey, at that point, I might as well put up another piece and keep moving along. Yee Haw!

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/19 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, moving on. It's time for me to post a political rant!

I'm joking. They are not allowed under forum rules. That would be a good way to get this thread shut down. Lol.

When I was driving a roll back, (tow truck), the boss always told everyone who he hired the same thing.

There are 3 things you cannot talk about when towing someone, and they ride along with you.

1. Politics.
2. Religion.
3. Sex.

So, we didn't. Lots of other things to discuss without going into those subjects.

While I think of it, if I remember, I will post a nice little hack to save water in your shower when you boondock.

I'll try to remember that for tomorrow.

Hey, that's the update for tonight. Short and sweet, or semi sweet?

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/19 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's the update for today. I went out today and gently removed the braces from the second piece of ceiling insulation.

I then cut another piece of insulation and glued it into place. That makes 3 so far. I need to put another large size one into place, and then 2 pieces about 4 feet long, before getting to the side pieces.

Yee Haw!

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/19 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I said last night here is some info that I have used concerning modification of our shower head to save water, when taking showers.

Now, I realize that this is an antique shower head, but, it does exactly what it was designed to do.

Here is a pic of the original head.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/19 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is what I did. I removed the center screw so I could get to the inside of the head.

I then filled each hole with an appropriate size "O" ring, and then cut it to length. You know, one that just fits the hole perfectly.

I left 4 of these holes open, although I could have left more open for more water flow.

Doing this significantly increased the pressure at the head for those 4 holes. Using the water shut off pin allows me to control the flow somewhat, however, this uses waaaaaayyyy less water than just letting all of those holes open.

Perhaps that will give you an idea for whatever style shower head you are using, if you want to save water.

[image]

wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/19 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ETL 26781 Oxygenics Hand Held Sprayer Kit at Amazon for $33.92 with free shipping. Do yourself and DW a favor and get it. Adjustable flow and on/off valve, and hose.

Wildmanbaker

turbojimmy

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/19 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildmanbaker wrote:

ETL 26781 Oxygenics Hand Held Sprayer Kit at Amazon for $33.92 with free shipping. Do yourself and DW a favor and get it. Adjustable flow and on/off valve, and hose.

x2 - hot water lasts a lot longer and the spray is much stronger

1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/19 09:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildmanbaker wrote:

turbojimmy wrote:

x2 - hot water lasts a lot longer and the spray is much stronger

I have been unable to find a minimum flow rate for the head. Any ideas what the minimum might be, while it still maintains decent pressure? 2 gal a minute is not an option.

I'll keep this in my list of things to look at during my build. Thanks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 674  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.