Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 586  
Prev  |  Next
Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/20 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't believe that, despite all the hype, it is the end of the decade. We count from 1 to 10 and not 0 to 9. That means the decade will end 12/31/20.
Just food for thought.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

I don't believe that, despite all the hype, it is the end of the decade. We count from 1 to 10 and not 0 to 9. That means the decade will end 12/31/20.
Just food for thought.

Does that mean the year 2000, was the end of the decade of the 1990's, or 1999 was the end?

Inquiring minds want to know...Lol.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If one only counts from 1 they have omitted 365 days/ 52 weeks/ or 12 month which are required to get to 1 year.

What happens to fractions such as 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, etc.? Can one get to 1 without them? Can one get from 1 to 2 without fractions? Do they not exist?

Food for thought.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/20 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you were born on Jan 1, 2001 you would not be 10 until it hit Jan 1, 2011.
The first day of a month is not 0, it's 1 so that just happens to be how we count. Day 1 to the end of the 10th year in our current history would have Dec. 31, 0010 and not 0009.
Again, just fun conversation that likely 1/2 the Country will disagree and the other 1/2 don't care!

larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do not cut the board to length. The extra on both ends will take the issues you might have.

chevman

chevman
2001 35 ft avalon alpenlite RK
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy
easyrider/reese airhitch
trailair center point suspension
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Old Islander

British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 01:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Re snipe, I nearly build one of those long feed tables that passes right thru the planer. But a buddy tried it, and while it significantly reduced the amount of snipe from his Delta, there was still some there. So I didn't build one.

Usually when planing, I'm doing several planks or boards, and send them thru with the front edge of the 2nd board, right up tight against the 'butt' of the one ahead. This with a sacrificial piece before the first and after the last. Sometimes you need 2 folks... This will eliminate all snipe on the good wood.

With short pieces where I definitely don't want any snipe, I use a hot glue gun to glue on some strips that will protrude from both ends of the work, so they take the snipe cuts. Then just knock them off with a hammer, and scrape any remaining glue off the edges. PIA, but it works well.

Am looking forward to how you like your new machine.

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The current Christian calendar is accounted from 0 as being the birth of Jesus. A.D., in the year of our Lord. Today is recommend as being 2,000 years since His birth.

"A.D. An abbreviation used with a date, indicating how many years have passed since the birth of Jesus. The abbreviation may appear before the date (a.d. 1988), or it may appear after the date (1988 a.d.). It stands for anno Domini, a Latin phrase meaning “in the year of our Lord.” (Compare b.c.)

A.d. | Definition of A.d. at Dictionary.com
https://www.dictionary.com › browse "

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/20 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So what does Dec. 25th refer to on the Christian calendar? Is that just a random day selected to celebrate the virgin birth or something else? If year 0 was December 25th, how does that relate to the current calendar and the current decade calculations?

1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

So what does Dec. 25th refer to on the Christian calendar? Is that just a random day selected to celebrate the virgin birth or something else? If year 0 was December 25th, how does that relate to the current calendar and the current decade calculations?

It refers to the 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild.

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"In 1582, when Pope Gregory XIII introduced his Gregorian calendar, Europe adhered to the Julian calendar, first implemented by Julius Caesar in 46 B.C. Since the Roman emperor's system miscalculated the length of the solar year by 11 minutes, the calendar had since fallen out of sync with the seasons"
https://www.history.com › news › 6-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-gr...

To answer your question it is a guesstimation of the pope. Although the current calendar is more accurate as far as the seasons go the religious holidays are the guest work of the pope. To be Biblically accurate the birth of Jesus was 2-6 years earlier than 0 than the current calendar established it to be. We could well be in the year 2022-2026 from the birth of Jesus.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 586  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.