Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 676  
Prev  |  Next
2bzy2c

California

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And this has to do with "rebuilding a 83 pace arrow" how?

My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, nothing like bringing a little life to a thread! LOL! Not too sure what I could add to what has been said, although, while looking at some of the census records from years past, if a child was under a year old, it was recorded as 0 years, 6 months, or whatever the number of months old the child was.

Years were not counted until 12 months had passed. We never count a child as a year old until those first 12 months have passed.

I would assume that we cannot have year 1, until 12 months have passed as well. Starting a new job would be another example of "how long have you worked here"? 0 years, 6 months, or whatever.

We actually do use 0 as a base point for a lot of things. Calendars have come and gone, not everyone uses the same calendar.

From my perspective, Jan 1, 2010 until Jan 1, 2020 amounts to 120 months, which is 10 years, and to me, makes a decade.

For that matter, any date could be chosen as a starting point, and 120 months later, equals a decade based on the starting date.

It's been interesting, reading the posts. I enjoyed reading the viewpoints. [emoticon]

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 10:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry barnhart wrote:

Do not cut the board to length. The extra on both ends will take the issues you might have.

chevman

Old Islander wrote:

Re snipe, I nearly build one of those long feed tables that passes right thru the planer. But a buddy tried it, and while it significantly reduced the amount of snipe from his Delta, there was still some there. So I didn't build one.

Usually when planing, I'm doing several planks or boards, and send them thru with the front edge of the 2nd board, right up tight against the 'butt' of the one ahead. This with a sacrificial piece before the first and after the last. Sometimes you need 2 folks... This will eliminate all snipe on the good wood.

With short pieces where I definitely don't want any snipe, I use a hot glue gun to glue on some strips that will protrude from both ends of the work, so they take the snipe cuts. Then just knock them off with a hammer, and scrape any remaining glue off the edges. PIA, but it works well.

Am looking forward to how you like your new machine.

I will wait until I run my first few boards through the planer, before making a decision. Granted, the most simple way to avoid it, is to keep your piece of wood longer, and cut the piece you need the the correct length, from in between the snipe at either end.

I also used to use a technique that will work, if your board is less than 1/2 the width of the cutting head. I would start a second board along side the one that was being planed, before the first piece was done. That kept the input roller, and the output roller up somewhat.

Both pieces were the same thickness, so that wasn't a problem.

Lots of different ways to handle the same problem.

We'll see how this works out, and I'll give you an update.

Happy New Year, again!

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 09:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wahoo! I think I have tomorrow off. Maybe I can get something done. Yippee!!!!

sundancer268

Charlevoix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/20 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone else having problems seeing the images? When I try an see an image, I get some message about ?Paddleup security connection fail or something like that.

U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

sundancer268

Charlevoix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/20 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting, if I bring up the site in FireFox (my normal Browser), MS Edge I see no images, however if I bring up the site in Internet Explorer, it works fine showing all the images. Something must have changed in FF since yesterday and I have no idea on Edge as I seldom use it or IE for my normal everyday browsing. Anyone have any ideas on what I have to do to get back to normal?

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/20 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The images also fail in Chrome.

Richard

95 Bounder 32H F53
460/528 stroker
Web Master
MWPSchooners.com
First brake job
1941 Hudson

2bzy2c

California

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/20 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I checked 3 browsers, Chrome, Firefox and Safari. No images at all.

lightfoot

Cary, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/20 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

x2 on chrome Probably RV.Net did another update and did not check their work, again.

STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/20 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting. In Chrome, if I "Open image in new tab" they view just fine. But none of the inline images work. However, I can still see images included in people's signatures. Strange.

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 676  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.