Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 676  
Prev  |  Next
sundancer268

Charlevoix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/20 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really don't think being food safe would be an issue, my wife always uses a cutting board for her food prep so she would not damage the counter tops in our various houses and apartments.

U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/20 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RLS7201 wrote:

Following your posts is really starting to get interesting. I love it when folks like you think outside the box.

Richard

Thanks for following. Glad you are enjoying it.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/20 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

Like the wallpaper. The stone adds a nice contrast to all the wood. Hopefully the lack of UV protection won't be an issue inside the MH.

I have had some other stuff sitting inside the moho with Clear Por15 on it, and have seen no major difference after about 9 months. It's not sitting in direct sunlight though.

I still have the option of covering the counter tops with some other clear finish, that would give uv protection.

I plan on adding more stone wallpaper to the end of the counter below the counter top, which will make it look like a corner(ish) area. Hopefully I can get that on in a couple of days.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/20 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

You may not remember some of my previous posts but telling you (or anyone) what I really think is what I do. While the employment part was meant as tongue-in-cheek, it is an unusual use for this product. When working with a wood countertop I would be more interested in durability than water proofing. Is there any information as to whether the product is food safe? You will be working on, cutting on, preparing food on, a surface covered by a product designed for rust proofing (despite other claims). Do they claim their product to be food safe?

Yup, I remember.

With wood, moisture and humidity will cause swelling and shrinking. Between the construction adhesive between the black walnut and plywood on the bottom, and the sealing of the top with Por15, there should be no movement and no cracking, (checking). Since the Por15 is supposed to be completely waterproof, and extremely tough, I am willing to try it.

If I decide to, I can still cover this with Epoxy, or some other finish.

As far as food safe, I haven't seen anything about that.

We never cut anything on our counter tops, though. We always use a cutting board, in order to keep the counter from getting damaged, so I don't see that as an issue.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/20 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sundancer268 wrote:

I really don't think being food safe would be an issue, my wife always uses a cutting board for her food prep so she would not damage the counter tops in our various houses and apartments.

Yup, us also.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing like a good self induced stupid move to change your plans for a day, fixing results of said stupid move.

Details tomorrow. I need some rest. It gets hot after several hours outside in near 100 degree heat, no matter how much water one drinks.

STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/20 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmmmm. I NEVER do things like that. I usually blame it on DW or one of the neighbors.

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/20 09:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

Hmmmm. I NEVER do things like that. I usually blame it on DW or one of the neighbors.

Yeaaaaa. If only I could.....

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/20 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can skip this one Bill. Totally non rv related. You have been warned.

Sat afternoon, I hooked up my trailer to the PT Cruiser, and we went to the local Lowes to pick up a piece of OSB for our son. We came home and I decided to park the car and trailer behind the house, as that is where we would need the piece of OSB.

Little back story here. We used to have a set of wash lines out back, which had steel pipes on each end to hold up the lines. Eventually, those posts rusted off at the ground/concrete level. I added some additional steel inside the original pipes to hold them up.

Through a series of unfortunate events, those posts were removed, but I decided to leave part of the inner pipes there. I left them stick up about 12-15 inches out of the ground, as I did not want the holes being accidently getting filled with dirt.

The second pipe had some flowers planted around it, and they grew high enough that the post could not be seen, but we, (wife and I), both knew it was there.

Anyhow, when we came home, I swung the car and trailer wide enough to miss the first pipe, and then cut sharply to miss the second post, as well as the flowers.

About this time, I realized I was not going to make the turn quite sharp enough, and was going to run over said flowers. In that split second of time, my thought process was - The flowers will survive being run over by my left front tire, so no big deal. I momentarily completely forgot the pipe, which I knew was there, but could no longer see.

Just at that exact moment, my wife also realized I was going to run over the flowers and said - Don't hit the ..... (insert crash here)!

RATZ! Well, maybe it wasn't too bad. It was a small diameter piece of steel that was sticking up.

I got out and looked, and sure enough, the front bumper was nearly torn off. The pipe hit, not the front tire, but the end of the radiator cradle underneath.

Well, that's not good. We unloaded the OSB, unhooked the trailer, took the PT up front, and looked underneath a little better.

Bummer. Bumper is cracked, Radiator is broken. The condenser for the AC is bent just a little bit. The radiator cradle is bent way more than it should be, with a couple of welds broken, holding the cradle in place.

Well, the good news is, the 04 PT that was totaled last year in the rear, is still there. I can use parts of of that, and I did.
I took what I needed off of that one and spent most all day on Sunday repairing this PT.

Got my jack out and pushed, pulled, hammered, and then welded things back to where they were originally.

Good news, is I now have a radiator that is only about 6 years old, instead of 18, so that is a plus. Also have a change of Anti-Freeze, so that is new.

Ironically, 2 weeks ago, I contacted my former employer, and told him to come and pick up the wrecked 04 PT, and he had not done that yet. I had barely gotten all of the parts I needed off of it, and they called and said they were coming for it.

Talk about timing! Ah, what a weekend. Everything is back together and functioning again, so we are good to go, and the junk car is gone, so we are all good.

Long winded story there. If I bored you, I am sorry. Hopefully, you may see just a little bit of humor there, as I am sure, nobody else would do something that stupid! Lol...

Hope your weekend went better than mine did. [emoticon]

joerg68

St. Ingbert, Germany

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 12:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you got it fixed and nobody was hurt. I think we all have these stories...

* This post was edited 07/28/20 12:41am by joerg68 *

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 676  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.