Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

 > Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 738  
Prev  |  Next
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 01/05/21 09:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zigzagrv wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

zigzagrv wrote:

my wife!




I hope your couch is comfortable. You will need it if she finds out you called her an applicance Lol.. [emoticon]

Thanks for the laugh.


The love of my life (notice how I get back on her good side[emoticon] ) is currently being my caretaker, after I had a run-in with my table saw. After 60 years of this woodworking thing, I finally had a serious accident with a power tool. I cut the tips of 2 fingers off Saturday a week ago. Get the bandage off today to see the damage. Wish me luck!

BTW, this is rv related as I was cutting the frame of the tv cabinet to accommodate a larger tv.??




How are the fingers doing? Inquiring minds want to know......


If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

Senior Member

Joined: 02/21/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/06/21 05:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

After some consideration, I also decided to modify the rear window bracket for the slider.

I figure if I ever want to remove the slider, I need a way to do so without taking the entire bracket out.

As a result I have to modify the top bracket.



[image]


Isn't that going to rattle like crazy driving down our "fine" roads ?


Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

zigzagrv

Nazareth, PA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/06/21 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

zigzagrv wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

zigzagrv wrote:

my wife!




I hope your couch is comfortable. You will need it if she finds out you called her an applicance Lol.. [emoticon]

Thanks for the laugh.


The love of my life (notice how I get back on her good side[emoticon] ) is currently being my caretaker, after I had a run-in with my table saw. After 60 years of this woodworking thing, I finally had a serious accident with a power tool. I cut the tips of 2 fingers off Saturday a week ago. Get the bandage off today to see the damage. Wish me luck!

BTW, this is rv related as I was cutting the frame of the tv cabinet to accommodate a larger tv.??




How are the fingers doing? Inquiring minds want to know......


Thanks for asking. They're coming along just fine. My index and middle fingers on the left hand (I'm right-handed) are about a 1/2" inch shorter (don't have to worry about trimming fingernails on those two). My butt has healed well also from where I had been kicking myself.

Good to see you're back on the 'PROJECT'. Just be careful with them wicked power tools![emoticon]


Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad


fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 01/06/21 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zigzagrv wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

zigzagrv wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

zigzagrv wrote:

my wife!




I hope your couch is comfortable. You will need it if she finds out you called her an applicance Lol.. [emoticon]

Thanks for the laugh.


The love of my life (notice how I get back on her good side[emoticon] ) is currently being my caretaker, after I had a run-in with my table saw. After 60 years of this woodworking thing, I finally had a serious accident with a power tool. I cut the tips of 2 fingers off Saturday a week ago. Get the bandage off today to see the damage. Wish me luck!

BTW, this is rv related as I was cutting the frame of the tv cabinet to accommodate a larger tv.??




How are the fingers doing? Inquiring minds want to know......


Thanks for asking. They're coming along just fine. My index and middle fingers on the left hand (I'm right-handed) are about a 1/2" inch shorter (don't have to worry about trimming fingernails on those two). My butt has healed well also from where I had been kicking myself.

Good to see you're back on the 'PROJECT'. Just be careful with them wicked power tools![emoticon]



What's done, is done. Experience is sometimes a tough teacher.

As my sig says......

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

Be safe.

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 01/06/21 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeH wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

After some consideration, I also decided to modify the rear window bracket for the slider.

I figure if I ever want to remove the slider, I need a way to do so without taking the entire bracket out.

As a result I have to modify the top bracket.



[image]


Isn't that going to rattle like crazy driving down our "fine" roads ?




Not if I use "soft wood". Oh, come on, that's funny! Lol.

Actually, I was waiting for someone to come up with that.

My plan is to use some of the "brush" type stuff that is used on windows to help prevent the rattling. I think the bottom will be fine, since there will be plenty of weight on it.

The top on the other hand, will need some "cushion" to prevent that. I plan on using this - which I also used on the LR windows.

That should keep things quiet. (Hopefully).



[image]



Thanks for the post.

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 01/07/21 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know some of you are going to find this a shock, but, I screwed up.

When I made the rear window cover brackets, I failed. I knew it when I put it together the first time, but I figured I'd get things close and then replace this piece before final installation.



[image]

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 01/07/21 09:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I cut the groove in the upright piece, I ran the groove all the way to the end, and I should not have done that. This is what it looked like. Duh.... Lol.



[image]

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 01/07/21 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is what the inside joint looked like, and as you can see, there was very little surface area for a glue joint.



[image]

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 01/07/21 09:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is what I should have done from the beginning. Don't know what I was thinking.... or not.



[image]

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 01/07/21 09:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That closes things off when assembled and provides a better glue joint when using the Kreg pocket screw joint.



[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 738  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

 > Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.