Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 789  
Prev  |  Next
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/21 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good evening everyone. Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy 4th of July!

I hope your weekend is going well, wherever you are, especially if you are with family and friends.

I hope to get some more work done this week. Wahoo!

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/21 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WAHOO!

Intermission is over folks!

Make sure you're in your seats, seat belt fastened, safety bar fully down and locked in place, and keep your hands and arms inside during the ride!!! Lol.

Finally managed to get started again today.

First thing I needed to do, was back up a little bit, and change out some Kreg screws for screws with a flat head.

You may remember the drivers side counter had a slight bow in it, and I added a piece of plywood inside and out with glue to straighten things up.

I used Kreg screws at the time, which were not flat heads. Since I am getting closer to putting trim there, it was time.

[image]

[image]

There we go. That will work better with the walnut trim going in there.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/21 09:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While I was at it, I also wanted to change out the ones in the rear area where some of our storage will be.

The red arrow shows Kreg screw heads, and the blue arrow shows after the flat head screws were installed.

Looks a little cleaner, with less chance for something to get caught on, as well as making it easier to cover them up.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/21 09:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ah, there we go. Both sides have had the screws replaced, and it looks much better.

[image]

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/21 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With the shelves in place, the screws are not nearly as noticeable.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/21 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While we're at it ... Here's a little teaser.

These shelves are a great place to pre-bend some thin pieces of wood for an upcoming project!

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/21 10:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I went out tonight and started to clean up/re-organize things a little bit.

Since I had the drawers all in place again, I returned some of my tools and left over wood to them, to get it all out of my way.

I also marked off some lines on the floor, on the drivers side for making a frame to cover the front area below the counter top, since I plan on putting the tanks inside under the counter.

Before I got finished, I was interrupted, and had to leave, so I didn't get any pictures.

I do, however, have a question for someone who know more about this that I do ... Will there be any reaction between aluminum and gray/black water, IF I would decide to make a tank/tanks from aluminum?

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/21 04:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been a boater even longer than an RV'er. None of my boats have had aluminum holding tanks so I have no first hand experience but the forums , as expected, have proponents of aluminum tanks and foes of them. I'd say the vast majority fall into the second category claiming urine will have detrimental effects on the aluminum and welds.
You might want to look a bladder tanks as a possibility.

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

sundancer268

Charlevoix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/21 05:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would stay as far away as possible from Aluminum unless you can find some exotic alloy that won't corrode. As mentioned above Acid in any of the many products that can be dumped down a drain will cause problems, think urine, citric acid etc. I know you like to make things your self and many times that is the best way to get an exact fit. If you need the space filled to the max,I would go fiberglass then you have something to fit the space and a custom job as well. Just watch the resin you use as some types are more water proof than the others.

U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/21 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Liberty Coach, the maker of million dollar + Prevost conversions, made the mistake of using aluminum holding tanks and they failed with time. Yes, it takes a lot of time, likely 10 years or so, but the owners had to replace the tank with stainless steel as the tank (yes, 1 tank for black and grey) was mostly vertical in nature so replacing with an appropriate plastic tank was not an option.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 789  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.