Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 786  
Prev  |  Next
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/21 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ran out of clamps again while trying to add additional pieces to the sink sides.

[image]

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/21 08:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I added some additional strips to the other end, and now have a continuous glued piece around the form. I will still have to add a few more pieces after these clamps come off, then I can start on adding the bottom, after trimming the sides from this piece.

[image]

If I was starting over, I would probably do it a little differently, but, it is what it is.

Experience can be a great teacher.

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/21 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I need to ask, do you have many unfinished projects? Do you run out of steam and determine to finish something at a later time? You have been working on this one for some time now.

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/21 11:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ro_sie wrote:

I need to ask, do you have many unfinished projects? Do you run out of steam and determine to finish something at a later time? You have been working on this one for some time now.

The answer is no. I don't have a lot of them. There have been some unusual happenings the last few weeks, and since I have been "encouraged" not to post things that are not directly related to working on the moho, I have not posted some of the other info.

I do thank you for following.

I haven't lost focus. Once in a while, outside circumstances require additional attention.

Thanks.

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 06:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you so much for your reply. Considering the circumstances of the country right now, we do understand.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 10:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ro_sie wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply. Considering the circumstances of the country right now, we do understand.

You're welcome. Thanks for hanging in there.

My plan is just like it was, which is spend some time working every day, and post daily. Obviously, that hasn't been the case lately.

I am also not happy with such little progress.

However, I did save a bunch of money on... Oh, never mind. That was a commercial. Lol.

I did however, turn what I thought would be a 15 minute job the other day, into about 3 hours.

Actually, I just expected 15 minutes, the job itself, had other plans for me. Go figure.

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ro_sie wrote:

This has nothing to do with the circumstances of the Country. We are just in one of many ongoing lulls where the OP is doing work no one would ever want or need to duplicate. He's taken off on one of many of his ridiculous projects to show off his carpentry skills. Anyone doing an actual "rebuild" who just buy and install a sink!

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence, I was referring to the covid situation. You are aware I presume, that some peoples lives are being affected by it. I myself am thinking that he found no sinks the size or shape he needed. I redid my kitchen several years ago and looked quite a while before I found the sink that I wanted. I didnt want one of those cookie cutter kitchens. Of course we are all individuals and you perhaps would have found what you wanted quickly.

sundancer268

Charlevoix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/21 07:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence wrote:

We are just in one of many ongoing lulls where the OP is doing work no one would ever want or need to duplicate. He's taken off on one of many of his ridiculous projects to show off his carpentry skills. Anyone doing an actual "rebuild" who just buy and install a sink!

Disagree with you, I find building a sink fascinating. Not something I would attempt, but an interesting way of accomplishing a project and making something unique. If I could do work like that, I would be bragging about it to everyone who would give me any hint of interest.

U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 10:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Other projects? Ah, yea. Here's one of them.

The bathroom tub drain was very slow. I assumed, (incorrectly), that the fix was to just pull apart the P trap, clean out the hair, put it back together, and we are good to go.

I had access from the basement, so we're good to go. Unfortunately, a 10 minute job it wasn't. It turned out that after the P trap, the pipe leading to the 4" drain pipe was not sloped all that well, and that 18 inches of pipe was what was clogged.

In an rv, the same thing can happen IF the drain line is not sloped enough to carry everything away from the trap.

Using a "snake" to clear things out, resulted in most of the hair and sludge being flung around an 8 foot area, including me while being cleared. No, I did not use a drill. This snake was hand powered.

After getting things cleared, and cleaned up, after assembly, the P trap leaked. It wasn't a large leak, but a leak non the less.

That was a good reminder for running the drains in the rv, to make sure there is enough slope for bits and pieces to be carried to the holding tank.

Since we're in the middle of a heat wave this week, with an index of approaching 110 degrees, the wife put the clamps on working til the temps come down a little, which should be Saturday.

As far as showing off the work - not really. This is just a "how I am doing things".

Love it or hate it, shake your head or laugh - it's all your choice.

Am I proud of what I've done? No, not a bit. Sometimes I look at some of the things I've done on this project, and I am amazed I ever got them accomplished.

This is all about how I came up with a solution to make something work the way I wanted it to, and how I accomplished it.

Am I happy with how it functions so far? Yes. I set out to make things work in a certain way, and for the most part, I am happy with how it works.

That's all I wanted.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 786  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.