Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 786  
Prev  |  Next
sundancer268

Charlevoix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/21 05:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence wrote:

ro_sie wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply. Considering the circumstances of the country right now, we do understand.

This has nothing to do with the circumstances of the Country. We are just in one of many ongoing lulls where the OP is doing work no one would ever want or need to duplicate. He's taken off on one of many of his ridiculous projects to show off his carpentry skills. Anyone doing an actual "rebuild" who just buy and install a sink!

Another point is no one has to follow this or any other forum if it doesn't meet their needs and can just fine another forum that does. I have several forums I use to follow, but they veered of the original point so i have dropped them, so far I am loving this rebuild and will continue to follow until we change subjects like building a race car or something not in anyway about this coach. Just keep the pictures and quirky comments coming and eventually I hope to see this unique coash on the road someday.

U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

Racklefratz

Everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sundancer268 wrote:

Another point is no one has to follow this or any other forum if it doesn't meet their needs

"Follow" what, exactly? A topic about an RV which was obsolete at the time of the original post? C'mon, man.

A 1983 RV is close to 4 DECADES old today, which goes to worn out systems, worn out power and drive train, worn out chassis components, and obsolete electronics.

Anyone who thinks trying to "rehab" such a mechanical and technological train wreck (cost effectively) is either delusional, or smoking something the rest of us would like some of.

Time to put a fork in it - it's DONE.

* This post was edited 08/14/21 07:38pm by Racklefratz *

2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP (All Electric)

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sundancer268 wrote:

LouLawrence wrote:

ro_sie wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply. Considering the circumstances of the country right now, we do understand.

This has nothing to do with the circumstances of the Country. We are just in one of many ongoing lulls where the OP is doing work no one would ever want or need to duplicate. He's taken off on one of many of his ridiculous projects to show off his carpentry skills. Anyone doing an actual "rebuild" who just buy and install a sink!

Another point is no one has to follow this or any other forum if it doesn't meet their needs and can just fine another forum that does. I have several forums I use to follow, but they veered of the original point so i have dropped them, so far I am loving this rebuild and will continue to follow until we change subjects like building a race car or something not in anyway about this coach. Just keep the pictures and quirky comments coming and eventually I hope to see this unique coash on the road someday.

Will try to continue the "quirky comments". Lol.

Thanks.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I pulled all these clamps off of the pattern today, finally.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 09:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Then I trimmed the excess off the bottom.

[image]

And mid process off of the top. 1/2 inch straight router bit with a bearing as a guide.

[image]

Then we end up looking like this on the top.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 09:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since this was a fairly snug fit, I removed 2 layers of the pattern, so I could slide the rest of the sink sides off of the pattern, instead of struggling.

[image]

After getting any excess glue and tape off of the inside, I had to glue a couple of small spots that weren't glued to my liking.

[image]

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/15/21 05:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Racklefratz wrote:

sundancer268 wrote:

Another point is no one has to follow this or any other forum if it doesn't meet their needs

"Follow" what, exactly? A topic about an RV which was obsolete at the time of the original post? C'mon, man.

A 1983 RV is close to 4 DECADES old today, which goes to worn out systems, worn out power and drive train, worn out chassis components, and obsolete electronics.

Anyone who thinks trying to "rehab" such a mechanical and technological train wreck (cost effectively) is either delusional, or smoking something the rest of us would like some of.

Time to put a fork in it - it's DONE.

I have "rehab"ed many old vehicles.... latest being a 95 year old Harley. Yes, it's old, worn out and built with obsolete components. That's what's great about it.

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/21 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A friend once told me that whenever I was building something to try to have a little something for everyone...Fulltimin is doing a fine job. BIG GRIN. 2 Thumbs up.

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/21 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As long as you enjoy doing what you are doing and have fun, that is all that counts!

So what that it is an older RV, some folks restore automobiles that are far older and have fun at it.

I enjoy seeing the photos and put in my 2 cents worth now and then, SR.fulltiming do not pay attention to the naysayers they might be envious.

Keep on going it is fun to see the progress.

navegator

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/21 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had I had the time and expertise to (actually) restore my old 1988 bus I would have preferred that to the newer one we now own. Since I had neither I had to give it up and pay big bucks for something someone else did have the to money fix. While it's the same chassis and manufacturer, this one is not 1/2 the bus the old one was as far as livability goes but we fought a good fight over the last 10 years. Our biggest issues was the drive train as it was simply too old to be kept in working order as most all the tech's who knew how it worked are all now dead and there is zero support from the manufacturer of the engine or transmission.
We did our own interior remodels multiple times but all comfort and livability issues were kept within lines of the original as it was good then and even better now. This "thing" will be unique and once the inside gets finished we can all find out if it will actually run as that has yet to be addressed.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 786  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.