Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 800  
Prev  |  Next
BigRabbitMan

Cottage Grove, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/15/21 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I spent from 2010 to 2014 removing my engine and transmission and cleaning up and adding three layers to the firewall and installing a more modern engine and transmission. I also replaced the original gas stove and oven with an induction cook top and convection oven. And guess what - my coach is older than his!

What happened afterward? I have put 60,000 miles on my new and improved coach. I keep passing the new coaches on the grades!

Sure glad that I didn’t “stick a fork in it”!!

BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 06:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BigRabbitMan wrote:

I spent from 2010 to 2014 removing my engine and transmission and cleaning up and adding three layers to the firewall and installing a more modern engine and transmission.

Oh God! There might be 3 more years just working on the engine and transmission?

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence, Dont forget, if this isnt for you, you dont have to read it. Lots of other things to read, even books. [emoticon]

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 02:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can or cannot read and or post as I please. I don't need your help and I certainly don't need your permission!

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence, of course you dont and you are correct. You can do as you please, as will I. Best of luck to you and I hope we can be friends as I feel sure many other people here feel the same way.

fx2tom

CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/17/21 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence wrote:

I can or cannot read and or post as I please. I don't need your help and I certainly don't need your permission!

You are correct but if you are contributing absolutely nothing to the thread then why even be here? Seriously? You just want to knock someone's work? Surely, you must have something better to do with your time. Just avoid the thread and move on, it's the decent thing to do.

2002 Ford F250 Lariat 7.3l 4x4 CCSB
2007 Forest River Sierra Sport M-26FBSP

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Racklefratz wrote:

sundancer268 wrote:

Another point is no one has to follow this or any other forum if it doesn't meet their needs

"Follow" what, exactly? A topic about an RV which was obsolete at the time of the original post? C'mon, man.

A 1983 RV is close to 4 DECADES old today, which goes to worn out systems, worn out power and drive train, worn out chassis components, and obsolete electronics.

Anyone who thinks trying to "rehab" such a mechanical and technological train wreck (cost effectively) is either delusional, or smoking something the rest of us would like some of.

Time to put a fork in it - it's DONE.

Well, IF I was to take this seriously, I suppose I could just have this towed to the junk yard, and then go jump off a high cliff.

Everything on this chassis is not completely worn out as you might suppose.

Personally, I like a vehicle with less electronics on it, rather than more.

Electronics on this consists of a dozen fuses, a few mechanical relays, and the GM High Energy Ignition for spark for the engine.

Less to go wrong, less to troubleshoot and generally less expensive to fix.

Then again, that's just me. A car guy probably wouldn't think twice about repairing/restoring a 1957 Chevy, which, when the 2022 vehicles come out, will be 65 years old.

Enjoy your newer vehicles, and I'll enjoy my older one.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeH wrote:

Racklefratz wrote:

sundancer268 wrote:

Another point is no one has to follow this or any other forum if it doesn't meet their needs

"Follow" what, exactly? A topic about an RV which was obsolete at the time of the original post? C'mon, man.

A 1983 RV is close to 4 DECADES old today, which goes to worn out systems, worn out power and drive train, worn out chassis components, and obsolete electronics.

Anyone who thinks trying to "rehab" such a mechanical and technological train wreck (cost effectively) is either delusional, or smoking something the rest of us would like some of.

Time to put a fork in it - it's DONE.

I have "rehab"ed many old vehicles.... latest being a 95 year old Harley. Yes, it's old, worn out and built with obsolete components. That's what's great about it.

Obsolete is a relative term. In it's heyday, it was state of the art. Things just changed over time.

Thanks.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 09:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

A friend once told me that whenever I was building something to try to have a little something for everyone...Fulltimin is doing a fine job. BIG GRIN. 2 Thumbs up.

Thanks for the thumbs up.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

navegator wrote:

As long as you enjoy doing what you are doing and have fun, that is all that counts!

So what that it is an older RV, some folks restore automobiles that are far older and have fun at it.

I enjoy seeing the photos and put in my 2 cents worth now and then, SR.fulltiming do not pay attention to the naysayers they might be envious.

Keep on going it is fun to see the progress.

navegator

Glad you are enjoying the photos, and thanks for the posts.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 800  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.