Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 202  
Prev  |  Next
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a shot from the side, right behind the pilot and co-pilot's seats.

There are 2 cross pieces of steel here in the near foreground, that were used to bolt the seat to.

This rv, had 2 seats and a small table just inside the entry door to the right, just behind the co-pilot's seat.

[image]

As you can see, there is a piece of steel that I have already removed, sitting to the right.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a closer shot of the 2 pieces of steel, with the holes that were used for the seat.

[image]

This is what allowed Fleetwood to attach the seatbelts to the seat frame, because the base of the seat was bolted to the floor.

In order to access the nuts that hold the seat on, you need to open the storage compartment door underneath, because the nuts are inside that compartment.

real4u2c

Hampton, Va.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/18 04:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, will be very informative! Would like to follow from start to finish.

Retired Marine with Retired Navy woman2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37 C, Workhorse p32 chassis, 8.1l gas engine.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did get to work on the floor today. Not as much as I wanted, but I did get some work done.

In this first pic, which is a shot of behind the pilot and co-pilot's seats, is what needs to be dealt with first.

The red circles, indicate 4 bolts which bolt the floor to the chassis frame.

The 2 yellow arrows, show the floor joists which are not attached to the chassis frame, other than laying on top of it, but were welded to the sides.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Right at the very front of the coach frame, are 2 floor joists that run from side to side.

In this pic, if you look closely, at the very end of the arrows, you can see 2 joists which are welded together.

The one joist is bolted to the frame, (red circle), the other is not, but being welded together, they act as one.

The plywood in front of the joists, is screwed to the front joist, from the other side.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a pic of the left side, behind the pilots seat.

This particular piece, at the end of the red arrow, was not replaced earlier, like the rest of the drivers side. This piece actually looked pretty good, so I didn't replace it, earlier.

You can see the inside of the 1.5 x 1.5 floor joist, has a bunch of rust, but I think that was from the piece I had replaced earlier, which if you remember, was rusted off.

I think this rust, just accumulated from that other steel behind it. This piece actually looked pretty good when I cut it apart to remove it.

It was easier to cut this apart to remove it.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a pic of the left side behind the pilots seat.

The red lines indicate floor joists that I removed today, and will be replaced with new steel.

I will say, that it was easier to remove the welds that Fleetwood put into this floor, that the welds that I put in. Lol...

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the right side of the floor, behind the co-pilots seat.

Again, the red lines indicate where the floor joists were removed, and will be replaced.

[image]

STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/18 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just curious. Are you planning on attaching the joists to the frame that were not originally bolted on? Do you think that might improve rigidity of the box, or just be redundant?

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

Just curious. Are you planning on attaching the joists to the frame that were not originally bolted on? Do you think that might improve rigidity of the box, or just be redundant?

I've kinda been kickin that can around for a few days. I think it might help stiffen it a little, although, I'm not sure it would make a huge difference, unless the coach is in a serious stress condition.

In the case of a rollover, it may make a difference, but under normal conditions, probably not too much.

The original joists have an ever so slight downward bow in them, because all the weight of the coach, walls, cabinets, roof, everything is being supported by those joists.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 202  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS