Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 500  
Prev  |  Next
JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/19 05:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too bad about the accident.. I've been there a couple of times this year. Rear ended while stopped in traffic. Got the truck fixed after the first one, then a couple months later, BAM.... same thing over again .

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/19 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeH wrote:

Too bad about the accident.. I've been there a couple of times this year. Rear ended while stopped in traffic. Got the truck fixed after the first one, then a couple months later, BAM.... same thing over again .

Thanks.

Ouch! Once isn't fun. 2 is waaaaayyyyy more annoying. As long as everybody is ok, is the important thing. Cars and trucks can be replaced.

It's inconvenient, but at least in my case, we can still drive it. Although, I do have some 4" wide stretch tape coming today, so I can close off the air infiltration around the rear hatch, as well as keep water out.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/19 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The insurance company will not give you a loaner until yours gets repaired or replaced?

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/19 12:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

The insurance company will not give you a loaner until yours gets repaired or replaced?

Too soon to tell. I know from my experience driving the rollback, that this thing is unquestionably totaled.

I have an appointment next week to get an estimate. That will start the ball rolling.

The big question will be, what the ins wants to pay me for it, and what I'm willing to take. Lol.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/19 09:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still got 2 hungry birds looking for food!

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/19 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's another side shot for the PT Cruiser. The red arrows show areas with a crease, which should NOT have a crease. Lol.

The green arrow shows a new air vent opened up by the accident.

The blue arrows show that there is no longer any room between the rear quarter panel, and the rear door. The panel has actually been pushed inside the rear door.

So, that means the damage has moved the panel forward. My guess is that just trying to replace the rear hatch alone would result in enough damage to cause this to be totaled even if the quarter panel wasn't damaged.

Even the rear tail light doesn't fit right. No chance whatsoever this will be fixed by insurance. Time to move on.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/19 09:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a cute little number that I have used on occasion. This is a trim router that is also powered by the Ryobi 18Volt battery. It takes a 1/4" router bit, and does okay.

The newer version has a larger more stable base, which would be a plus, because this one is difficult to keep stable. The newer version should be much more stable and has a depth gauge on it as well.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/19 09:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last but not least ... I did a touch of work today. Not much. The heat index was 110 F.

There was too much hot air coming into the coach from the windshield to allow the little 5000 btu air conditioner to keep up. Not surprised at that at all. Hey, now is a good time to test it out.

So, tonight I went out, added a couple of pieces of plywood up front, and then taped/stapled some plastic at the front to keep the majority of the hot air from coming back into the coach area.

We'll see what happens tomorrow with the ac test. Worst that it can do is not keep up, right? We'll see.

[image]

Yea, that's it for tonight. I am not crazy. I'm not going out in that kind of heat. Lol.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/19 09:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey, how do you like my racing stripes????

[image]

[image]

My 4 inch wide stretch tape came today. Was supposed to be here yesterday, but, it didn't happen.

The forecast is for rain over the next 24 - 36 hours - not continuously, but I figure this should keep most if not all of the rain out.

Getting an estimate on Wednesday for the ins company.

(edit. Wednesday, not Tuesday).

* This post was edited 07/21/19 09:45pm by fulltimin *

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/19 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Came outside this morning at 7.30 with my handy dandy non contact thermometer. The outside wall was 87 degrees, and it was not in the sun.

The sun was barely coming over the top of the house roof, so almost all of the moho was in the shade.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 500  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS