Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 588  
Prev  |  Next
Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/20 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

JoeH wrote:

Might as well replace the plug wires while you're at it. What borescope did you end up buying ? I want to pick one up to have in my arsenal of tools .

I bought one on Amazon. It's a DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope.

It's wifi enabled, has an adjustable brightness light, works with Android or IOS. 11 feet long and with the app on the phone, I can take either pictures or video.

The snake cable is fairly stiff, so whatever position you bend it in, it will pretty much stay in that position.

It's nice that it doesn't have to be connected by wire to the phone.

I have the same scope and it works quite well. It should work on a laptop as well assuming you can download the app to your computer as well. It creates it's own wifi signal so that's all you need to connect to the computer.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/20 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The app only runs on Android so you will need an Android emulator for your Win10 machine. I use mine (same brand BTW) on a 10" Android tablet.Much better than the phone.

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/20 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

The cable appears to be long enough and the camera resolution sufficient, do you think the cable is flexible enough to follow the channel without binding if one wanted to do a self colonoscopy? Perhaps even an upper endoscopy later?

The page is in Spanish.....do they not have an English site? I did notice they wanted US dollars.

I can only assume you are at least half joking, but in the case that you are not, I'll answer your question.

No, this is not flexible enough to traverse the inwards parts of the lower areas of the human body. As stiff as this is, you will very quickly puncture items, that should not be punctured, and would cause you immediate and serious grief!

It will however, keep a fairly straight line, or, if inserted into a fairly stiff object that is curved, such as a pipe, it will follow the curve of the pipe, as long as the pipe does not have an extreme bend in it.

Here is the website depstech.com and the link to the manual for this particular endoscope. pdf version in several languages.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/20 08:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RLS7201 wrote:

Have you given thought to pulling off the carb and installing a smart fuel injection system? Other than welding in the O2 bung, it's usually a simple install and it tunes itself. Improved torque and fuel mileage.

Richard

Actually, I haven't. That might be something to look at in the future, but not the near future.

This does have an 02 sensor on the drivers side, which is not connected to anything, so I don't know exactly why it is there. I would like to hook up to that to check the lean/rich ratio with the carb, to see if I need to make any adjustments once this is back on the road.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/20 08:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

PastorCharlie wrote:

The cable appears to be long enough and the camera resolution sufficient, do you think the cable is flexible enough to follow the channel without binding if one wanted to do a self colonoscopy? Perhaps even an upper endoscopy later?

You're kidding, right? If you do try this, remember to do the upper first, before you do the lower.

Hope he was kidding, but not a good idea with this endoscope.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/20 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

So, there is the good news! Everything looks pretty good, as I expected it to.......Overall, I am happy with how things look.

Look pretty decent, just a little light surface rust in a couple of the pictures.

As for the fuel injection, that would improve the performance and probably fuel mileage as well. Holley makes a nice 4 injector system (assuming that you have a 4 barrel carb) that self-tunes. Comes with some pre-built programs for best mileage, towing power, max horsepower, etc. You start with one of those and it will modify itself over time to best fit your engine and vehicle. Comes with ECM and complete harness as well as software that you can load on a laptop to make manual changes to the ECM programming if you so desire. A bit pricey, so you would need to keep your MH for quite a while and do a lot of traveling to get any payback. On the other hand, if you had to replace a carb anyway, the incremental cost for the upgrade could be recouped much quicker.

I may look into that after it is back on the road. The biggest problem with using a carb is people not tuning them correctly.

This has a spread bore quadrajet carb on it, and I never, repeat, never, use anything other than the primaries. I also don't run this over 3,000 rpm, ever. While they are a pain to tune, once tuned, they work very well.

The primaries are about 1 and 1/4" diameter or so, and the secondaries about 2 and 1/4" or so. What I found was, opening the secondaries put a lot of heat into the engine with very little extra pulling power up the hills, and used a lot of gas. It was a waste of gas and heat.

Most of the time, I averaged 8 - 10 mpg with the generator running the overhead air. The dash air didn't work when we bought it, and I never fixed it.

I was more interested in keeping the whole coach cool, rather than the driving area.

I will make a note of this for future reference. Thanks.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/20 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sundancer268 wrote:

I keep hoping someone would come out with one of those WiFi Bore Scopes that would work with my Windows 10 Lap Top, I can see the 17" Screen a lot better than my phone screen.

If you are semi computer literate, it can be used with Windows. Windows 10 doesn't see the camera, but there is a work around.

I downloaded and installed a program on my computer called Bluestacks. After installing that, I downloaded and installed the Depstech app from Google Play.

The Depstech app will work on Android or IOS. What the Bluestacks does, is create an Android environment on Windows, that will install and run Android apps inside of Windows.

Bluestacks opens just like any other program on Windows, and then the Depstech app installs inside the Bluestacks program.

After connecting to the wifi on the camera with Windows, you will be able to see the images on you computer, real time.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/20 09:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

JoeH wrote:

Might as well replace the plug wires while you're at it. What borescope did you end up buying ? I want to pick one up to have in my arsenal of tools .

I bought one on Amazon. It's a DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope.

It's wifi enabled, has an adjustable brightness light, works with Android or IOS. 11 feet long and with the app on the phone, I can take either pictures or video.

The snake cable is fairly stiff, so whatever position you bend it in, it will pretty much stay in that position.

It's nice that it doesn't have to be connected by wire to the phone.

I have the same scope and it works quite well. It should work on a laptop as well assuming you can download the app to your computer as well. It creates it's own wifi signal so that's all you need to connect to the computer.

Windows doesn't see the camera by default, even though Windows will connect to the wifi of the camera, hence the BlueStacks and Depstech app work around.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/20 09:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

The app only runs on Android so you will need an Android emulator for your Win10 machine. I use mine (same brand BTW) on a 10" Android tablet.Much better than the phone.

Correct on both counts.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/20 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a pic of the camera image on a Windows 10 computer with the BlueStacks program with the Depstech app installed inside of it.

[image]

How do you like the look of my nostrils, or is it a dogs snoot?

Inquiring minds want to know. Lol.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 588  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.