Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 529  
Prev  |  Next
femailyetti

South of Disney World

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/17 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like rebuilds of old things, my 1967 car, my house, my 1986 motorhome, maybe we can rebuild the wife. I hope my wife don't read this.

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/17 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

femailyetti wrote:

I like rebuilds of old things, my 1967 car, my house, my 1986 motorhome, maybe we can rebuild the wife. I hope my wife don't read this.

We have the technology......... Oh, wait, that's the 6 million dollar man.............

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/17 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, the first pic is under the kitchen window, sink, and stove, u know, where that vent is up above the stove. It looks decent on the inside.

[image]

However, when I pulled the paneling off the wall, this is what I found underneath. Now, there was blue insulation in the wall, which was a whole 1" thick. It was no longer attached to the outside wall, due to delamination from the water leak at the vent above the stove. No damage was visible from the inside. Even the wall paper looked intact.

[image]

Surprise!........

U can see on the insulation below the one I pulled out, that some of the paneling stuck to it. Yep, the glue held. The outside of the insulation was where the water was going, and the plywood on the outside did in fact de-laminate. The first layer of plywood, though, still stuck to the fiberglass/filon exterior.

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/17 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

femailyetti wrote:

I have a friend that is a plastic surgeon and when he divorced and got a newer younger model several years back, we all suggested that he should have just rebuilt his first wife and saved money. He did not see the humor, but we did. [emoticon]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/17 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, what we have is a glue sandwich. Fiberglass exterior, glued to plywood, which is glued to blue board insulation, which is glued to the paneling inside. Both the plywood and paneling is also glued to the steel framing structure of the unit. As with today's builds, the whole wall is glued together as one unit.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/17 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, so here is below the exhaust fan vent for the kitchen stove....

[image]

And another just to the right of that one, which is underneath the window in the kitchen.

[image]

How's that for some gory details?

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/17 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And a better shot below the exhaust vent and window.

[image]

[image]

Now, with this damage, the cabinet that was next to the stove has to come out. Definitely going to be de-lam behind there also.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/17 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This area inside the black box turned out to be a surprise. This is under the kitchen sink. As u can see, these is a lot of water damage here.

[image]

donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/17 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

it is a lot of fun watching you and femailyeti's projects but man you guys are gluten's for punishment.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/17 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donkeydew wrote:

it is a lot of fun watching you and femailyeti's projects but man you guys are gluten's for punishment.

Nothing like a good challenge.... This eventually got to the point where it was like - wonder what other damage is here.....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 529  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS