Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 500  
Prev  |  Next
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 09:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mike brez wrote:

That thing is going to be so air tight you will need a window cracked open to close a door. Lol

I hope so. Probably not quite that tight since I have the rv windows up front with the pilot and copilot's seats, but hopefully close.

I would much rather add a vent that I can control, than have air coming in and going out through holes that I can't control.

So far, everything is pretty well sealed in. Hope to keep it that way.

Thanks.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 09:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I did get just a little work done today. Not as much as I wanted, since I spent most of the afternoon in the hospital.

No, not for me. My brother was in for blood clots in both lungs, with his lungs filling up with blood. (never heard of that one before).

They ran a battery of tests on him, got him on a couple of medicines and blood thinner, and told him they will keep him for a few days to keep an eye on him.

At this point he is stable and resting, so that's a plus.

So, that took most of my day up.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did manage to get another piece of plywood up today on the drivers side. That means the rear 12 feet on both sides and the rear wall now have plywood on them. Yay!!!

Next, I'll have to do some window work up front on each side, before I can put the rest of the plywood on, inside.

Here's today's pic.

[image]

wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope everything works out for your brother.

Wildmanbaker

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 09:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildmanbaker wrote:

Hope everything works out for your brother.

Thank you. So far it's looking good. He's breathing much better, walking around the halls of the hospital without getting winded, which he could not do when he went in.

Looks like they caught it in time.

Hopefully, he'll be released within a couple of days.

He was told that this will take time (months) to correct. So far so good.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back to the motor home - tomorrow. Never made it today.

I had a computer to finish building, deliver and set up today. that took care of my day, along with mowing a yard that was well overdue.

So, I should have an actual update tomorrow. Thanks for following! [emoticon]

mike brez

Unknown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 05:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My son just built a computer last month. I'm like what are u nuts.
After he got all his parts it went togeather real quick. It has a clear side panel so you can see all the components,fans that light up and change color if you want actually pretty cool.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mike brez wrote:

My son just built a computer last month. I'm like what are u nuts.
After he got all his parts it went togeather real quick. It has a clear side panel so you can see all the components,fans that light up and change color if you want actually pretty cool.

There are not a lot of parts inside a desktop computer, and the lights can get kind of crazy if one wants to. However, just like an automobile, which components used will make a huge difference in performance.

Just for info's sake, the 3 major players are, Cpu, (faster GHZ the better), amount of ram, (16 Gb or more is good), and a good SSD hard drive.

If you are building one for games, the newest, latest, greatest hardware is necessary, and is also Expensive! Not talking Solitaire here - talking shoot 'em up kind of games.

Been working on 'puters for over 20 years, and they are so much faster than they were, and do sooooo much more than they used to. Just like other things, they don't make 'em like they used to. Lol.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread has been all about rebuilding a motor home, but, I am also showing the down and dirty, "how did I get here" kind of info as well.

Tonight will be one of those nights, that probably most of you may be bored, but there may be a few who will appreciate the info on "how to", like tonight.

I have some upcoming work I will need to do with my router, so I wanted to add a router table to my equipment. So, if you are bored with router table construction, you can skip the rest of the posts tonight, except for the last one. That one won't be about the router table.

First up is, the router has 2 sizes of bit shank sizes available. 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch, pictured here. Obviously, the 1/2 in are much stronger, and can handle larger heads on them which makes them more useful.

This shows the difference.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pictured here is my router base, (yellow arrow). This particular base has a handle on the one side, which is unusual, most of them just have 2 knobs, one each on opposite sides. This handle is on one side only.

Red arrow points to a hole in the plywood that the router will pass through when turned upside down.

The blue arrow points to an acrylic see through base attached to the bottom of the router base with 3 screws.

The black arrow points to the piece of plywood, and the green arrow points to the outside edge.

I put the router base on this piece of plywood and marked with a pencil the size of it on the plywood.

The acrylic piece is about 3/8 inch thick, so that is the depth that I want to rout out of the 3/4 inch plywood.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 500  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS