Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 660  
Prev  |  Next
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 10:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Update time. Went shopping. Bought 7 more tubes of ChemLink M1.

[image]

Spreadsheet update. ChemLink was $55.65, and we add that to the prior total of $7005.42, and we have a new total of $7061.07.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 10:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While I was at it, I had 4 more cans of 3M78 Spray Adhesive shipped in. I think that should be enough to finish the interior plywood that I am installing.

[image]

Another update. The 3M78 went up in price since last time. About an extra $4 per can. [emoticon]. Oh well. It is what it is.

So the 4 cans of 3M78 cost an additional 93.64. We can add that to our prior total of $7061.07, for a new grand total of $7154.71.

Fortunately, we are getting toward the point that the inside of this sucker will start looking like something, instead of just a collection of parts! Lol.

Hope to get a little more work done tomorrow.

2bzy2c

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice work so far.

Future spreadsheet update, 6/1/2023 - $276,872.09[emoticon]

* This post was edited 06/29/19 08:43am by 2bzy2c *

My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Aren't Pt Cruisers great? Well, if you don't have one, you wouldn't know. I do and love it.

Went to Lowes today to pick up a piece of birch plywood. Had them rip it in half, so I could fit it in the car.

Glad they have lumber cutting services.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brought that home, and had to move all the stuff on my temporary workbench.

Put the new plywood there in preparation for the day's work.

[image]

When you're trying to work in a box that's 8' x 20', space is at a premium. Trying to keep materials and tools in there and still work can be a little tricky.

However, it's all good!

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 09:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I uncovered a section of the motorhome that I haven't seen for a couple of months. Moved some stuff around so I could get to the area where I need to prepare to install the passenger side window.

In this pic, I have 2 red circles showing where I cut off the end of the temporary plywood so I have room to frame out for the size of the window.

[image]

Just as I got ready to cut some plywood for this window frame, it started to rain. Not just a little drizzle, but it poured. One of those where, if you step outside and take 2 steps, you are soaked.

Yea, one of them. I had planned to cut the plywood on the table saw, which was in the garage, and I was standing in the motorhome. No chance I was taking the plywood out into the rain, as well as getting soaked myself.

By the time the rain subsided, it was time to quit. So, I hung it up for the night.

Didn't get done what I had planned, but close.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, I need to update the spreadsheet. The plywood amounted to $58.28. Added to our prior total of $7154.71, we have a new grand total of $7212.99.

Creeping up there just a bit. Nothing unexpected though. We'll see where we end up.

In case you are wondering, so far, the adhesives category is the most expensive category in this build.

I am sure there are other ways to use cheaper adhesives, but I am happy with my choices so far. Hey, don't want her falling apart going down the road! Lol.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/19 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a pic from a couple of days ago, and then the second pic is what it looks like now.

[image]

[image]

As you can see the window area is now framed out, and getting close to being able to cut this out and install the window.

In case you are wondering, why did I not just frame the steel to fit the window? 2 reasons. One is I want to try and break the thermal barrier. Adding wood between the steel framing and the aluminum of the window frame will help that.

Two, I would really like to reframe the window area, and use a different window than the original. I am not going to do that now, but maybe at a later time, we'll see.

I also need to add a piece in the 4 corners like the yellow one here to better match the curve of the window.

The red arrows point to the new plywood framing, inside the steel wall studs.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/19 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When you work by yourself, you have to do things differently than when you have someone else to help.

So, how did I do this? Like this.

I had to use 2 pieces of plywood so it would match the thickness of the wall.

The yellow arrow points to the double pieces already installed. The red arrow points to the first piece of plywood that has ChemLink between the 3/4" plywood, and the outside 1/4" wall plywood.

The red circle shows that I put a screw from inside to the outside to hold the plywood in place.

[image]

Here is a closer shot of the piece on the opposite side.

[image]

dennis1

Seattle, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/19 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nope

My new DRW and camper on the truck the first time.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 660  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.