Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 660  
Prev  |  Next
Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since red is my favorite color, I think that old Pace Arrow's color scheme is great and would look fabulous on yours.

I like the convertible sofas, too. They look very lightweight, which might be helpful in your overall weight.

The Travasack sleep system is still available, or systems like it. If you do a search for it, one that immediately comes up is RV Superbag.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat

Old Islander

British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

[image]

Looks good but I think their is some under-utilized space at the rear.

[image]

Could you use that space for the commode, with access from the commode to the shower and into shelves in the storage in the corner? This would give you more counter space in the galley with storage under? Maybe refer moves across the cabin, next to the shower? Several different ways you could go with it, employing that space at the back. Just thinking out loud... [emoticon]

[image]

Old Islander

British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 12:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The new ceiling looks great, BTW... [emoticon]

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where will the holding tanks (fresh, gray and black) be located? Will the access be clear of obstructions if located under body?

How will everything balance out on weight distribution?

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

Where will the holding tanks (fresh, gray and black) be located? Will the access be clear of obstructions if located under body?

Great questions.

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 09:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanderlost wrote:

Since red is my favorite color, I think that old Pace Arrow's color scheme is great and would look fabulous on yours.

I like the convertible sofas, too. They look very lightweight, which might be helpful in your overall weight.

The Travasack sleep system is still available, or systems like it. If you do a search for it, one that immediately comes up is RV Superbag.

I'll give the color scheme more consideration. Not going to be painting in the next couple of weeks anyway.

Thanks for the link for the superbag. I hadn't searched for them recently, but that is exactly what I had in mind. Sure would beat "making the bed". Just a quick roll up and unroll, and we are good to go.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 09:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old Islander wrote:

The new ceiling looks great, BTW... [emoticon]

Thank you. [emoticon]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old Islander wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

[image]

Looks good but I think their is some under-utilized space at the rear.

[image]

Could you use that space for the commode, with access from the commode to the shower and into shelves in the storage in the corner? This would give you more counter space in the galley with storage under? Maybe refer moves across the cabin, next to the shower? Several different ways you could go with it, employing that space at the back. Just thinking out loud... [emoticon]

[image]

While I agree the area at the back is somewhat under utilized, there is a window back there that I want to keep clear.

Moving the commode, would also make it difficult to access the bottom of the storage cabinet, and cover part of the pantry.

The shower area with the blue stripes, indicates a counter top that will flip up, when the shower is in use, which is only about 10 minutes a day, and flipped down to be used as counter space the rest of the day, which will amount to about 8 feet of counter space, with the sink in the middle, (ish).

More about weights in a minute.....

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce Brown wrote:

PastorCharlie wrote:

Great questions.

I agree, great questions. [emoticon]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

You can refer to above diagram.

To put things into perspective, the original location of heavy items were as follows.

The 55 gal water tank was in front of the drivers side wheel well - that would be a little in front of where the proposed kitchen sink.

The black tank was under where the proposed shower is.

The gray tank was between the proposed commode and storage on the passenger side. The tank was between the frame rails.

The refrigerator was just inside the entry door, towards the rear, and the heavy generator was back where the proposed Pantry is located.

The way I see it, the 456.5 lbs of water on the drivers side, were offset by the refer and the generator on the passenger side.

In the new floor plan, the water on the drivers side, should be offset by the refer, the pantry, and the storage, on the passenger side, or at least mostly when they are full, or mostly full.

The new location of the water tanks will be - fresh water under and slightly in front of the sink, gray and black tanks under the shower and commode, so those weights won't change much overall.

I haven't figured in the propane tank yet, if I have one. It was originally behind the pilot's seat, and with my butt there, the left front corner was always a little heavy. Propane tank when full amounted to about 200 lbs.

I could probably get away with putting that on the passenger side, behind the copilot's seat.

There, that should be about as clear as mud! [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 660  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.