Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 778  
Prev  |  Next
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/21 09:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These are the first 2 that I pulled off of the pattern. They are not finished yet, but with 3 layers glued together, they are holding their shape pretty well.

Only the rounded area is glued, at this point. The longer sections will be integrated together later.

All of these are made up of Oak, Cherry, and Poplar wood, and they are roughly a little less than 1/16" thick.

[image]

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/21 10:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since no one want to venture a guess as to what these are going towards, I will end the suspense. (for those inquiring minds) Lol.

This is part of a kitchen sink. SAY WHAT? Why not just buy one and be done with it?

Well, if you are old enough to remember the old Apple Computer commercials, they used to say "Think Different"!

Well, I did.

2 things that have always annoyed me with sinks is this. Number one is the drain is always in the center, which really messes with the space under the sink, to be able to be used for a drawer or something else, because of the drain and trap.

Second, if the rig is a out of level, the sink doesn't drain properly, and some water will remain in the sink.

I can fix both of those, (I think).

First off, I want to put the drain in one of the rear corners, so the trap underneath, will be well out of the way.

Second, I plan on tapering the bottom of the sink towards the drain.

Figuring out the slope is fairly easy.

The wheelbase on the chassis is 159", or 13.25 feet. If we are out of level 1" per foot, that would amount to 13.25 inches for the length of the wheelbase.

Ah, yea. I don't park, being that far out of level.

So, the sink will be about 22 inches long, which will be front to back or inline with the wheelbase.

Therefore, at 1" per foot out of level, for the 22 inch length of the sink, would amount to about 1.8" for that length.

Since I won't be parking that far out of level, 1.5" for the 22" sink should be more than plenty, and still allow the sink to drain if we are out of level, front to back.

Sideways, 1" per foot for an 8' wide motorhome out of level, would be way excessive, so tapering the bottom of the sink to the rear and towards the driver side, should allow it to drain under normal circumstances, even if we are out of level somewhat.

I can't imagine that I would park being that far out of level, but we are not always 100% level, and this should take care of any draining issues if we're not fully level.

I hope that makes sense, If not I'll try to explain it better if it's confusing.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/21 10:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is an old saying ... When you finish your construction job, you have finally gained the knowledge, that you should have had when you started.! Lol.

I think I just hit that milestone.

I created another corner for my sink today.

I used extra shrink tape, more than just the rounded corner.

[image]

I ran the tape, again, sticky side up, facing the strips, and taped the ends down to the pattern, at the end of the strips.

The red arrows indicate where I put the glue to add the second layer of strips.

This pic is only of the first layer, and it was a breeze to put these together, as opposed to not having the tape there to hold the first layer in place.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/21 10:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After applying the glue, and then the second layer of strips, then I added clamps and wood to hold everything in place.

This second layer is glued to almost the end of the first layer.

The earlier versions, I only glued around the corner area, and I must say, this seems much easier and better.

I may have to rethink the other pieces I have made. I'll have to have another look, as to how I can tie them together.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/21 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been experiencing a fairly hot summer this year, and I have been experimenting with different coverings for the windshield to keep the heat out.

What have you found that works the best for keeping the inside cooler, and is it on the inside or outside of the windshield?

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/21 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like having the windshield covered AND being able to see out so, for me, that's the mesh screens secured to the outside of the windshield. However, when we have really hot days high 90's+ we also drop a blackout shade inside the windshield which reduces the additional heat pretty dramatically.

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/21 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have lots of windows in my house. Floor to ceiling. I bought all that window tint stuff and it helps. I have two windows that face the afternoon sun. For those, I put on the tint but it was still pretty hot, so I got two of those bamboo shades and hung them. That combo works really good for my house.

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

nohurry

Orting, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/21 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A man can never have enough clamps.

Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/21 10:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence wrote:

I like having the windshield covered AND being able to see out so, for me, that's the mesh screens secured to the outside of the windshield. However, when we have really hot days high 90's+ we also drop a blackout shade inside the windshield which reduces the additional heat pretty dramatically.

That's kind of what I thought. In order to keep out the majority of heat, would require a basically, black out cover.

Thanks.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/21 10:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ro_sie wrote:

I have lots of windows in my house. Floor to ceiling. I bought all that window tint stuff and it helps. I have two windows that face the afternoon sun. For those, I put on the tint but it was still pretty hot, so I got two of those bamboo shades and hung them. That combo works really good for my house.

Thanks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 778  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.