cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV with a purpose

Gene_Walters
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling is a blast, but how about traveling with a purpose?

Volunteer Mobile Missionaries (VMM) is comprised of retired or semi-retired Christians who have access to an RV. We are all self supporting and have our own medical insurance.
We are non-denominational and inter-denominational.

Our members enjoy serving God and His people in a special way. We work on selected projects at Christian camps, churches, boarding schools, and other Christ centered activities. Primarily, our work involves construction, renovation, or remodeling, but many other areas are touched as well. Every kind of worker is utilized as the needs are varied in Godโ€™s service, therefore, we can accommodate everyone who is willing to apply him/herself. There is no requirement for women to work, although many do.

Our day starts with devotions and includes morning, lunch and afternoon breaks. Our projects last 3 weeks, working 4 days a week, 7 hours a day.

Pets are welcome at most projects.

Many of our people bring with them construction skills and soon pass these skills on to others. Of course, the most valuable contribution is a life dedicated to serving Jesus.

For more information or to contact us go to vmmonline.org
6 REPLIES 6

Gene_Walters
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the positive comments. What we do is fun and rewarding. We have some pictures on our website. Feel free to email me with questions, or give me a call. I might be on a project working, but I would love to chat and will call you back. Here is a link to an article from Rapid City SD about a recent project.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/communities/belle_fourche/mobile-missionaries-complete-work-at-nisland/article_0670616e-b527-5d2d-9db0-4e544c40c8d2.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"especially those with an older group and limited funds!"

Anyone recently encounter a church that doesn't have a big majority of older members and limited funds? I guess I'd try to determine if the needed work on the church could be done my the members. If it could, those members should do the work. Schools and camps are different...worthy almost all the time of volunteer help.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, this is such a great mission! Helping church congregations that are in need of help, especially those with an older group and limited funds!
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I were discussing what we would like to do when I retire in about five years. We'd love to do some volunteer work where we do a little traveling. As Christians, this would be right up our alley. Will keep this in mind!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"We work on selected projects at Christian camps, churches, boarding schools, and other Christ centered activities."

Good! My only issue would be the work on actual churches. If the congregation can't keep that facility in repair....then the members don't care. You can't care more than they do.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

AJBert
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds interesting and rewarding. I'll have to look this up!