cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National General RV Insurance

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm thinking about changing my insurance from Interstate to National General for cost reasons but would hate to end up with a company that is difficult to work with on claims.

National Interstate had been great to work with on the two claims I've had and don't want to potentially have issues just to save $300.00.

I would appreciate any comments from those that have had claims with General.

Thanks for any input.

Dick
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad
10 REPLIES 10

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our first and current coach insured by Foremost Insurance Co. for 22 years and have experienced excellent no hassle claim service from them, so I highly recommend them. This years premium was $838.00 which includes full coverage with $250 deductible.

Good luck with your choice and safe travels...
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Passin Thru wrote:
We have Erie Ins. Group and Every year they renegotiate ours and it keeps going lower. We have House, Farm and vehicle through them. Our barn burned down a few years ago and it took forever to get the claim together as you have to itemize everything. Make sure when you buy stuff to take a pic of it and record where you bought it. Otherwise the adjusters say you bought the cheapest and if a fire claim arises you have to list evrey dish, pot, pan and pair of undies you owned.
yep, I inventory everything with pics and serial number, down to the screwdriver. Hopefully never have to use it.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
We have Erie Ins. Group and Every year they renegotiate ours and it keeps going lower. We have House, Farm and vehicle through them. Our barn burned down a few years ago and it took forever to get the claim together as you have to itemize everything. Make sure when you buy stuff to take a pic of it and record where you bought it. Otherwise the adjusters say you bought the cheapest and if a fire claim arises you have to list evrey dish, pot, pan and pair of undies you owned.

badbob1
Explorer
Explorer
I have good service from National General but no claims thus far. I shopped price again on my renewal and the rate with them was the best I found. Have our autos with Ameriprise and they way higher for the motor home. Checked with State Farm as they insure our business and they had the highest premium of all.
BadBob

Whokares2
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent customer service thru National General. Claims are handled thru very competent adjusters in the Cleveland office. Don't try to B.S. them though, one of their investigators is my daughter and they have had extensive training LOL.

HobbsHauler
Explorer
Explorer
We've had National General for our Pusher, cars and Harley for about 10 years. We've never had a problem, have had good customer service.
Him and Me
'07 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
Tundra Toad
Tandem Tow Dolly
Harley, Road King
Klancy Mae, our Irish Setter

potentialrvers
Explorer
Explorer
Just switched from National General to State Farm. Reduced my cost by a third.

Reese

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the comments. On the surface this doesn't sound like a company I wish to to business with. I'll dig around for some more reviews but will more than likely give them a pass.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
I had National General for a few months. To me their customer service left much to be desired. I had to make multiple contacts in order for correct changes to be made
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had NG for several years until I got my first citation in over 20 years and they TRIPLED my premium. I'm now with GEICO.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....