cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Exterior lights

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
Finally starting to get some projects done. Tonight replaced a crack fan trim piece and installed the lights for under the canopy. Looked at several types and ended up with the Boogey lights LED strip lights. As usual, I had everything hooked up, crimped, heatshrunk, clamped, went to fire it up and nothing. After taking everything apart, turns out it wasn't getting power from the line I ran to the 12v source I was using. Now with an alternate source, It's up and running. Some reviews claim it fell off after first use. We'll see. I suspect they didn't follow the cleaning instructions before sticking it on. They're very specific about thoroughly cleaning the surface with alcohol then using a adhesion promoter before pealing off adhesive backing.

I bought this style and brand because it has multiple light colors as well as dimming capability. Probably won't use any of the special effects or the disco stuff, but I like the idea of a dim red led strip to see at night but still retain your night vision. Someone said that bugs aren't attracted to LED lights no matter what color?

Here's the system set up.

should be fun for the 4th of july tailgate party
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions
3 REPLIES 3

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
weird issue hooking it up to the coach power. Tested fine on the bench with 12v power supply, hooked it up through one of the empty fuse slots on the converter. wouldn't work correctly. Ended up hooking it up directly to the 12v supply before the fuse bank, works fine now. Not sure what running it through the coach fuse panel would cause issues.
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

Edwonbass
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great! I did mine last year and they are still attached and working!
I had some clear LED's that the dealer gave me and used them in the storage area.

B-goat
Explorer
Explorer
Looks nice:) I'm thinking about adding a set to mine. I like the dimmable part. Most are brighter than what I like. My porch light is bright enough to light up my whole backyard. I have a lighted door handle that comes on with the porch light. One of these days, I'm see what I can do to split the circuit and just be able to use the door handle light.