cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bunk seal replacement on Cub

burntwood
Explorer
Explorer
So it's been a while since I've posted here, but was going to add to the closed post:
https://forums.goodsamclub.com/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/25412006.cfm

I added the new seals on the Dutchmen Hybrid Cub we have. It's now time to replace them .. already. The ones I used for the bunks:
Seals for the bunks from http://uni-grip.com/?portfolio=tape-seals
(30ft total, with a little extra to be sure):
* 40ft - SD-313-T (white) = $1.25/ft

The SD-313-T seal worked for a while. But after about a year, the small ridges (which I thought would seal better to the bunk) on the top of the seal started to grab and roll into the bunk door on one side when the bunk is being closed (pulling the seal off the seated, adhered edge). So it needs to be a smooth dome instead of ridged.

So I'm looking at SD-805-T (since they don't make a domed .750"x.750" seal).

Also, because of the edge didn't seat right, it has introduced a new problem.. the hinged bottom of the bunk door is rotted out on the inside (on the driver's side).

As my Dad always said, "Water will always find a way."

So it will be a new quest of repair after the seals are fixed. 😕
When can we go camping?!?
2006 236 Dutchmen Cub Hybrid Travel Trailer
2 REPLIES 2

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
ktnluvl wrote:
I was following up from your original post back when. Did you replace with the new ones you were looking at? How are they working out? The seals around our three bunks are dry rotted and I need to replace them...just not sure what I should use. Good to know the ridged is a no go.

This is the seal Lippert has been using on their bunk doors since around 2012. Seal
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

ktnluvl
Explorer
Explorer
I was following up from your original post back when. Did you replace with the new ones you were looking at? How are they working out? The seals around our three bunks are dry rotted and I need to replace them...just not sure what I should use. Good to know the ridged is a no go.