cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sewer hose

kast7
Explorer
Explorer
I have purchased on line a Rhino 15FT sewer hose. When I got it I realized that I was going to have to take off the fittings to store the hose in the bumper. The fittings screw on the hose. Seems easy now but it is new, wondering if this will change with use?
10 REPLIES 10

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
If I had to go through all of this i would use the woods.
Dennis Hoppert

jrobert01
Explorer
Explorer
I use a plastic fence post from Lowes and affix it to the top of bumper and the hose fits good.Has holes so the hose dries and drains well and don't look to bad either.

fred42
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 fifth wheel and the RhinoFLEX hose will not fit into the under-frame round hose storage pipe designed for that purpose. RhinoFLEX hose ends have a larger diameter than normal and they are becoming very popular. I am sure it would not fit in many of the class C square bumpers I see. Sometimes complicated technical things like this take the RV industry a while to figure out.

I store the hose in a plastic storage container and use the factory compartment for fishing poles.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Find a storage solution that will accommodate the fittings.

...or else get replacement fittings that will fit into the existing storage spot in the bumper.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Find a storage solution that will accommodate the fittings.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
One thing is for sure and that is you don't want to be screwing on the fitting every time you use the hose. We store our hose in a blue tote and just keep the three piece hose support in the bumper. But we also carry a spare hose underneath the bumper in a larger size PVC pipe hanging there with heavy wire ties.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
when I used a stinky slinky I used the press-to-fit connectors which would work in bumper etc. I put a piece of plastic rain gutter in bottom of bumper to avoid tearing up hose.
bumpy

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Down the road, my experience says not all dump hose fittings and attachments will fit in the bumper. Restate your question more clearly, please. Should be easy enough...you know.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I find it is easiest if the sewer hose has only the fitting on it that hooks to the drain pipe on your RV, and put the bald end of the sewer hose in the bumper first.

Dusty

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your posting needs clarification as the apparent typos make it hard to understand what you are saying. However, I have the 15-foot hose so I will try to answer your question.

It fits fine in the bumper, but I recommend inserting the smaller end first because the larger end will go in, but if you rotate it at all, it can get wedged and possibly stuck in the bumper. And you don't want it stuck 5 feet in from the end of the bumper!
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax