cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof question?

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
'Bubble' on top of shower cracked. Currently duct taped. Are replacements standard size? Costs to replace on 06' Four Winds Dutchmen?
7 REPLIES 7

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
^^^Thanks all. Just purchased a ICON lexan replacement. Seems I should be handy enough to do this myself so going to give it a shot.

LifeInsideJack
Explorer
Explorer
Check your local RV salvage.
Our website: www.lifeinsidejack.com

Our Motto: Love. Joy. Hope. Peace. Freedom.

Whammon1
Explorer
Explorer
Had to replace my dome. Spend the money and buy the Lexan. Purchased my dome on ebay for a very reasonable price.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Jerseydevil wrote:
'Bubble' on top of shower cracked. Currently duct taped. Are replacements standard size? Costs to replace on 06' Four Winds Dutchmen?

Look for sizes in link.

http://www.icondirect.com/skylights/
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You just replace the outside part but they do come in several different sizes. You'll have to go up top and measure the overall dimensions and height of the bubble.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
should be able to get just the plastic bubble and NOT replace all the other stuff. Check camp world and some rv shops. Only takes a few minutes to change the cover.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Jerseydevil wrote:
Are replacements standard size? Costs to replace?

Yes, they are available in standard sizes. Replacements start around $50 on Amazon and I think I've seen them for less. There's an upgrade available in Lexan material, probably double the price.

But with that, a tube of DICOR sealant, a putty knife (DICOR can be peeled off of your rubber roof) and a screwdriver (probably square drive), maybe a drill, it'd probably take me (handy but not a professional) 3-4 hours. I'd think a pro could do it in 1-2 hours. If the screws are rusted, I'd get a package of stainless ones at Home Depot.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB