cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smaller 5th Wheel Toy Hauler

tmphoto
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a 5th Wheel Toy Hauler in the 35' range. I have a 42' model now and it is just too big for many of the places we like to go. Would prefer a 10' garage with lift bed in the back and separate living area from the garage. The Voltage 3005 is a good example of what I am looking for but are pretty expensive. Any other models out there that fit this bill?
Dodge 3500 DRW Crew Cab LB 4X4, 2013 Voltage 3905, Stable Loads, Air Lift Bags, Big Wig Sway Bar, LED Lights, KTM 690 Enduro, KTM 350 XC-F (Plated), Kawasaki KDX 220, Mini Big Green Egg Maiden Voyage
12 REPLIES 12

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
tmphoto wrote:
. . . Also really like the fact that the Boost does not have any slides. I know they are cool and all but just one more item to deal with.
Txsurfer wrote:
The triton 2951 only has one slide - which I like as well as it's a wardrobe slide where you could still fully function with it in.
Slides are always nice when they're out---a no-brainer . . . as long as you can get them in when you're ready to leave. Some folks pop their slides at every stop. For those who've had to deal with serious slide issues (especially while on the road), that kind of use, wear, and tear, gets worrisome.

Before purchase, make sure you walk through your unit with all the slides in. On some rigs you can't access certain appliances, even the bathroom with the slide in. For some it's not an issue, for others it could be a deal breaker.

Garage area slides (on toy haulers that do not have a seperate garage) can significantly reduce your garage width when they're in. Make sure you can get your current and future toys in with the slide in.

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing wrong with a big hauler.
You just gotta know how to maneuver them and plan ahead.

I've gotten my hauler in some tight spots.
Sure, it may take 3 attempts, but I get it.
Just gotta know your truck and trailer.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
The triton 2951 only has one slide - which I like as well as it's a wardrobe slide where you could still fully function with it in.
2017 F250 PSD 4X4
2015 Livin Lite Axxcess 24FBA
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

McDaniel_Family
Explorer
Explorer
Here i was looking a large Toy Hauler and run across this post.....ugh
2006 Keystone Copper Canyon 3141 BHDS
2015 F-250 Platinum, bags swaybar, B&W Hitch
One spoiled rotten Chocolate lab named Chloe
Our Website with pics!

tmphoto
Explorer
Explorer
Txsurfer wrote:
I'll be looking for something similar in another year or so. I generally like the Triton 2951 but not sure about the quality. I really want a sep garage but realistically need as much cargo space as possible because i don't know what my kid will be into ( Quads , motocross, etc..) down the road and I don't want to have to upgrade. 35' is about my limit due to storage constraints.

Yep, same here, the 40+ foot Toy Haulers seem like a great idea until you actually have to back one down a road because you cannot make a turn at the Bass Pro Entrance day after Christmas 😉 Have been some really tough spots at campgrounds and forget fuel at anything short of a truck stop. Will miss the separate garage and fancy recliners but looking forward to the mobility freedom. Also really like the fact that the Boost does not have any slides. I know they are cool and all but just one more item to deal with.
Dodge 3500 DRW Crew Cab LB 4X4, 2013 Voltage 3905, Stable Loads, Air Lift Bags, Big Wig Sway Bar, LED Lights, KTM 690 Enduro, KTM 350 XC-F (Plated), Kawasaki KDX 220, Mini Big Green Egg Maiden Voyage

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be looking for something similar in another year or so. I generally like the Triton 2951 but not sure about the quality. I really want a sep garage but realistically need as much cargo space as possible because i don't know what my kid will be into ( Quads , motocross, etc..) down the road and I don't want to have to upgrade. 35' is about my limit due to storage constraints.
2017 F250 PSD 4X4
2015 Livin Lite Axxcess 24FBA
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

tmphoto
Explorer
Explorer
WillB5 wrote:
We have a KZ Sportsmen Sportster 311TH10 and love it. Has a 10 ft garage, reasonable walk around bedroom, and a good sized living room slide. 11000 lb GVWR and 34 ft. Also has a 2 year warranty.

Those are really nice. Was on my A list. I finally settled on a XLR Boost 33RZR16 because I located a really good deal on one. Did not have the separate garage but met all of my other criteria and the price was right. Picking up Saturday. Enjoy your Sporster, very nice units for sure.

WillB5
Explorer
Explorer
We have a KZ Sportsmen Sportster 311TH10 and love it. Has a 10 ft garage, reasonable walk around bedroom, and a good sized living room slide. 11000 lb GVWR and 34 ft. Also has a 2 year warranty.

tmphoto
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:
The internet is your best friend for things like that. At the top of the toy hauler listing is a sticky that lists nearly all toy haulers made. Just start at the top and work your way down the list, just takes a few minutes on each one to glance at their floorplans to see if one grabs your attention...might even find several you like.

The internet is a twisted black hole of tangled knowledge but you Sir, are my Friend! I did not notice this excellent sticky thread. Much appreciated.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
The internet is your best friend for things like that. At the top of the toy hauler listing is a sticky that lists nearly all toy haulers made. Just start at the top and work your way down the list, just takes a few minutes on each one to glance at their floorplans to see if one grabs your attention...might even find several you like.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
The Keystone Impact 311 might fit what you want. 10' garage and 35 feet. It falls in line, price wise, between the Triton that Wild Card mentions, and the Voltage you're looking at.

We love our 351, it's basically the same as the 311, only with a 12'6" garage and 38' long. Only difference I can tell in the plan is that the Impact bathroom has a residential shower and more counterspace, whereas the Voltage has a corner shower with corner sink thing.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the Voltage Triton line.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler