cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coach powerf switch wont turn off 2006 cross country

Dpsebring
Explorer
Explorer
2006 Coachman cross country. When storing the rv I go to turn off the coach power switch and it wont turn off. Normally I would hear a click and power to rv would be off. Im thinking relay or fuse? any ideas? thanks.
dan
9 REPLIES 9

Dpsebring
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the relay transfer switch and all working great...Thanks

Dpsebring
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like what I have to do. Will be back if it didn't fix the problem. Thanks for all the help.
Dan

alstond
Explorer
Explorer
Experience same problem on my 2005 Cross Country. I replaced the relay transfer switch, problem solve. Switch was located in the rear passenger side compartment.

Dpsebring
Explorer
Explorer
Ok guys, I found the relay and one of the two 5 amp fuses was bad. I replaced fuse and it blew again. I tried it again with same result. I am thinking it is a bad transfer relay which I can get for about 50 bucks. Any thoughts out there?
I guess I am lucky it failed with the power in the on position. For the time being I disconnected the neg. on the coach batteries.
Thank you,
Dan

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

Dpsebring
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. Any idea where the relay is located? How about the 5 amp fuse? I checked the fuse and relay box in front left panel on outside and it's not labeled there.
Dan

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If you do not hear the click, check the 2- 5 amp fuses on the disconnect relay. IF they are GOOD, odds are the relay is bad. You should be able to hear it click in both USE and STORE. Even if it is in USE mode, it will click if good. Doug

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Assuming for the moment an INTELLETEC Battery Control System.'IN the BCC there are several fuses. Some are 5 amp ONE OF THOSE controls the switch.

Remove all 5 amp fuses

Cycle USE/STORE switch like 100 times, both ways

Replace switch

If it works,, GOOD, if not your FREE is hereby cheerfully refunded.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
You're better off taking off the negative battery cable. If you're using the OEM cut-off switch, it most likely doesn't kill all of the power and your batteries will eventually go dead.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.