cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Insurance coverage for property in the RGV

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
We bought property at one of the gated communities in the Mission, Tx area this last winter. The property consist of: 30x110 ft lot with a 22x42 canopy for parking the mh under, 12x22 Texas room with utilities. Our current s&b residence is in Missouri and our present insurance company, Farmers Ins, is providing insurance as an add-on with our Mo policy to cover what we need. While still at the property this previous winter, we contacted 5-6 different companies/independent brokerages about coverage with less that stellar results. There seems to be a real problem with the people in these RGV companies returning phones so we quit trying before we left. We subsequently ended up adding on to our current s&b policy at home but are looking for other companies/agents that will actually "call" you back.
Any folks with a similar situation(s&b out of state-winter property in Tx) who can recommend someone "reliable" (agent or insurance brokerage company) to check with for coverage for our Tx property? :h
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487
7 REPLIES 7

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. I might give the Mission Duncan Agency another call and see if they're are interested.
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

DonP
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using Mission Duncan for about 10 years and have had no problems. Had a substantial claim last year due to storm damage and all went well.
Don

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
We did have one claim , paid within 2 weeks and paid more than cost to repair. Maybe we were just lucky.
pawatt

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
If it's that hard to get insurance, I wonder what it would be like to collect?
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
I am in total agreement with you on Mission Duncan. Every year one of their smiling reps comes to the park, pays for donuts at a park meeting, she wants your business during 5 minute talk. Our experience: 2 trips to their office, told they will get back to us after taking info, same story on 2 phone calls. Went elsewhere, just will eat their donuts and not listen. :r, it's worked for over 8 years. Kinda wish they would up the ante to McDonald's Big Breakfast for my non-business. ๐Ÿ™‚
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
If your northern home agents company is licensed in Texas that may be your best bet. Mission Duncan will probably have policies that will work . Their customer service could use some improvement.
pawatt

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
We had a hard time with getting any local insurance interest in the Mission area in insuring our 45 x 32 canopy, cart shed and Texas Room. There is a retired Texas insurance agent who has a place on our street, he got us a policy through his old company in Lockhart TX, the carrier is American Modern Insurance. Below is a photo before the Texas Room

'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog