cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fan wattage question

fritz_monroe
Explorer
Explorer
When we got our Rockwood Roo, it came with 3 of these fans. Anyone have any idea of the wattage that these take to run? I've replaced the incandescent bulbs with LEDs, but I have no idea the wattage of the fan itself.
10 REPLIES 10

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
That's not exactly what I was guessing you had. Looks like a toy.

Since this is posted in the Hybrid forum, these are common to all hybrids and popups.
They hang from the tent end support bar.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

fritz_monroe
Explorer
Explorer
It really depends on the battery and how much more your camper uses. But I get your point. Not all that much draw.

I'm just curious. I recently got an inverter generator to charge the batteries. It will run the AC, but that's only in emergencies.

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
You can boondock all weekend with those fans running. I have three, and fantastic fan running in my pup with a group 31 battery.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

babamartha
Explorer
Explorer
I have these fan/light combos in my Kodiak. Thanks for the ide about replacing the bulbs. The unit gets very hot when the light is shining.
BabaMartha

stormz
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure of brand from picture, but Fastners Unlimited lists those at 1.3 amps or 15 watts. Not sure if that was for bulb or fan or both while running.
Present Summerland 2600, Ram 1500. Previous R-Vision Bantam.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
That's not exactly what I was guessing you had. Looks like a toy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

fritz_monroe
Explorer
Explorer
Hehe, yeah, that would make it easy, wouldn't it?

No, there's no wattage info. It's the light/fan that plugs into the overhead 12V sockets and hangs on the shepherd's pole on the bunk ends.

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting looking fan. Never saw one like it before. Is there any label on it stating fan voltage, current, or better yet, wattage??
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

fritz_monroe
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I didn't attach it properly.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What are "these" fans? Make, model...
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad