cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do you sleep in your rig at home?

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoy mine more than my own bed. Am I the only one ?
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.
23 REPLIES 23

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Occasionally, when the weather is nice, windows, open, etc. My RV sits next to our KOI pond which has two waterfalls. Love the sound of the water, and wind flowing thru the windows over the bed area. We can also hear the wildlife in the area where we can't in the house. I also love the sound of rain on the roof, and during a night with a constant rain, if the wife is away on a business trip, I'll take the cat and sleep in the RV.

Maybe a handful to times a year, not much more. I spend nearly 90-120 days in the RV during the summer, so I do get my fill pretty regularly.

neilnbe
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, we do it all the time. Or at least 8 - 10 times a season. Have a concrete pad with full hookup including 50A and great wifi from the access point in the garage. Sometimes we have to much going on to get away but want to rv. Better than going someplace just down the road. It's free and has all the hookups of a regular site.
Neil, Deb
2 Kids 1 Dog
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire
'11 Ford Edge
Mountain Master Towbrake
Blue Ox Adventa II

txnese
Explorer
Explorer
I took out a cabinet and the RV full size mattress and put in my King Size bed from home. So it's sleeps the same to me ๐Ÿ™‚

Robocop
Explorer
Explorer
Probably once a month just for fun. Couple years back, and within a year time frame, my area lost power for two weeks each time due to nasty weather events. Fortunately my stand alone genny did enough of a good job to keep the RV and required items in the house up to speed. Other than the fact a totally blacked out neighborhood for blocks on end was eerie, it was just like camping!
Scott

2011 Sunseeker 3170DSF
2002 Honda CR-V toad

"Courage is the thing. All goes if courage goes."
"Do not mistake my benevolence for weakness."

NC_Roamer
Explorer
Explorer
We did last summer when the house A/C died.. Spent five nights in it. Fortunately our parking pad has full hook-ups.
2014 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
During a home renovation and concurrent wife's breast cancer treatment, we lived in out 27-foot Tioga for a couple of months. We got so tired of being in the rig, that it took some time to want to get back in it. It would have cost us a lot to live in a decent motel, with kitchen, so the rig came in very handy. It is also handy for overnight visitors or just getting some solitude. Make sure that rig is quite level for the health of your RV fridge.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I sleep in my RV in the driveway a fair amount. Sometimes it's just for a change of environment. The dogs love to hang out in the RV - they raid the RV toy box and sit in the cab watching all the neighbors and passerby for hours. Sometimes if I really wanted to go camping and couldn't, I would spend the entire weekend in the RV "pretending" to be off somewhere.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

B-goat
Explorer
Explorer
Youngest son, his wife, and daughter were down for the weekend. We gave them the house, and we stayed in the motorhome.

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
The wife and I slept in the motor home last weekend. Had some severe storms come through and lost electricity, fired up the generator and a/c and stayed out there.

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, I haven't made my Wife that mad yet.:B
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

paddykernahan
Explorer
Explorer
Just got our class C less than a year ago so we driveway camp often.
Practice to see what we need.
Check out systems before long distance from home.
Just to have fun.

Driveway camped new years eve to see how cold weather camping worked out.

Used to do this with the pop-up also.

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
You aren't the only one. I sleep much better in the 5er than the house. The DW says she sleeps the same in either. We have nearly 50 nights in the 5er already this year, and we work full time. The 5er has AC, the house doesn't, and we haven't needed it yet, but we might.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
We will be spending the night in the 5'er in the driveway. The grand kids are visiting and all the house beds are full.
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

AJBert
Explorer
Explorer
Although it hasn't happened yet, the only time I plan on spending the night in our TT is when I'm in the dog house with the wife. Our bed is much more comfortable than the one in the camper. Though, a couple of years ago when we had the grandbabies with us for a month I'd sneak off to the camper when they got to be a little to loud for me to take a nap now and then.