Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Careful on I-81 Rest Stops in PA

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just heard this on the local news.

Might want to keep driving past the Rest Stops in Cumberland and Dauphin Counties.
RV'ers Being Robbed On I-81 in PA
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500
3 REPLIES 3

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
whenever we stop at rest stops the entry door always remains locked and if we elect to use the rest stop facilities we go one at a time...the RV is never left unattended. but this is not in response to a pair of strong-armed robberies. we've been doing this since forever. when we were vacationing by car we went one at a time. when we stopped for gas the car was never left unattended. a pair of strong-armed robberies on the same day does not a crime wave make and one is just as likely to be the victim of that sort of crime in a truck stop, restaurant parking lot or even at wally. be aware, keep your doors closed and locked, never open them to anyone unless you're convinced it's safe and don't park away from the crowd.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info... will make me more aware when I stop in any rest area. Good thought on the truck stops, too.

I seriously doubt these are truckers as stated they could be in the article.

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
After reading of several such incidents, we now pull off at truck stops to use the bathroom.