cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh water tank drainage in 12V pump mode

AKile
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 Itasca Cambria 30J. It works well but would like to know if anyone has modified the fresh water tank drainage system so you can drain it and switch from city to pump water supply without lifting the mattress to get to the small cubbyhole located there? I have put an exterior drain on the tank, but still need to access the small compartment under the mattress in order to drain the tank when it is in the pump setting and then lift it again when the tank is full and I am using the pump. Seems like there should be an easier way.
5 REPLIES 5

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
RVdude wrote:
MobileBasset wrote:
And I can fill the fresh tank from the separate city fill input without accessing the valve.

I also have the Itasca Spirit, 07 model. I am trying to figure out how to fill the fresh water tank using the city connection. I know how to fill it from the fill tube, but for the life of me I cant seem to get the tank to fill from the city connection?!?!? What do you do to fill it on yours? Thanks!

I have a (capped) standard hose connection on the passenger side of my RV next to the 120V output receptacle and the cable output. It is labeled "city fill" when I hook up the hose from a water supply and turn it on the water pressure automatically fills the tank. When the tank is full I see water draining from the overflow valve and that is my cue to turn the faucet off. This is on the opposite side from the usual utility water and power hookups.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds

F1bNorm
Explorer
Explorer
RVdude wrote:
MobileBasset wrote:
And I can fill the fresh tank from the separate city fill input without accessing the valve.

I also have the Itasca Spirit, 07 model. I am trying to figure out how to fill the fresh water tank using the city connection. I know how to fill it from the fill tube, but for the life of me I cant seem to get the tank to fill from the city connection?!?!? What do you do to fill it on yours? Thanks!

There should be a valve next to the hose connection. Like the one in this link: https://winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/operatormanuals2001-2010.php

BTW all Winn product manuals, parts lists and schematics are on line.

Norm
F1BNorm

RVdude
Explorer
Explorer
MobileBasset wrote:

2003 Siverado 2500HD, K&N Gen II FIPK, Hypertech III Programmer, Gibson Dual Performance Exhaust.
2004 22FT Weekend Warrior 5200#'s Dry, 8500#'s Loaded.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
There should be no need to drain the tank to use city water. Just hook up the city water connection and turn off the pump. Switching back is exactly the reverse process. This is true for virtually all modern RVs.

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
I am confused by this question. I have an Itasca Spirit with the fresh water drain valve under the mattress but I only have to access it when I am draining the fresh tank for the sanitizing process which Is a very infrequent activity. Once I get it cleaned and filled, the system changes between exterior water hookup and interior water by itself based on whether water pressure is present at the exterior water hook up. And I can fill the fresh tank from the separate city fill input without accessing the valve.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds