cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadside Assistance Coach Net vs. Safe Ride Motor Club

JCat
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Coach net roadside assistance expired and they want $249 to start me back up as a new member. I called FMCA and found out that they don't use coach net anymore they use Safe Ride. They want $109 to sign me up.

So my question is which one is better and which ones have you used.

Thanks
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP
10 REPLIES 10

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Price wise, after the first year, CN and SafeRide are about the same price when you include the required FMCA membership fee with the Saferide fee. In checking the SafeRide website, I don't see any mention of the 24/7 phone tech support that CN includes for appliance and other user repairable RV related items, ot their other RV specific features. The tech support can be pretty handy when your furnace quits at 2AM and it's 20โ„‰ outside.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
With any roadside assistance service it will depend on their database of service providers with the capability to support large vehicles. We as RV owners are a bit a small group in the overall motor vehicle world so the field of choices can be small. The concern is with services that make the leap from the daily driver to RV's but still need to expand their network and support staff training of the differences between a 3500 lbs grocery getting and a 35,000 lbs coach. Is Safe Ride Motor Club up to the challenge? Hard to say but their web site has no references to RVs, drivable or towable, which can be a concern.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used it last week on our TT. My truck broke down 10 miles from the campground. State Farm sent a guy to get the truck, and then I called coachnet while I was waiting, and the asked if I had the contact info of the guy getting my truck. I gave them the info and they contacted the company towing my truck, and had them take the camper to the campground.

It was super easy, and the called twice to check on us, and make sure read going ok.

This was really good timing as I had 2 weeks left on the free year, and the renewal notice was in the mailbox when we got home.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Coach Net was priceless to me on 3 occasions...Entegra gives 3 yrs of it but had it before...1. Awning snapped just as were leaving Alabama on our previous coach...2. Had to get winched out of mud...3. Radiator failure...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vs. reimbursement from your vehicle insurance company?
Talk to your agent at least to compare.

JCat
Explorer II
Explorer II
that's it no one else has any comments, pretty unusual for this crowd
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
As the OP said, CN now wants $250 for all new customers, and $150/yr renewal after that. This from email a week ago per the other thread here discussing it. What are we getting for that?
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

John_Wayne
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure they all call the same tow company it's just others pay more or pay faster, CN has been getting some bad press as they don't like to spend the money for some calls.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.saferidemotorclub.com/products-services.aspx
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just used CN two weeks back ,from the first call to the time the tow truck was at my site about 35minutes ,and the lady on the phone was fantastic. third time and each time was smooth, never heard of that other business.