cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

False Advertising

mikebreeze
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings Marcus- I have been a Good Sam member since 2013 and a member of this board since 2012. I got an email this morning that the new Camping World in Manassas, VA was open and to stop by. The email also stated that there would be 'Free lunch between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM'. I live in Manassas, VA so I went. I got there around 11:30 to the former Reines RV and inquired about the free lunch to the receptionist. She didn't know anything about it. So I showed her the ad. She called some guy in a red short who was busy stocking the store. He did not respond. So I walked around for about a half hour and then walked back into the store and asked the gentleman in the red shirt about the free lunch. His response was "I'll have to talk to Robert upstairs about it". He left and a few minutes later I again saw him setting up the store. So I left around 12 noon.

It is my opinion that there was a combination of lack of communication and poor customer service. The fact that they didn't know anything about the email ad (nothing was posted on their bulletin board in their foyer) and no one bothered to say something like Sorry Sir, we messed up but will have lunch (probably hot dogs, which are OK by me) later or please come back tomorrow and we'll make sure that you have lunch. Nothing. I have an 11 year old class C RV now. I am a prime customer for a new one. However, after this experience, I may just pay more and deal with a Mom & Pop place that provides better service.

Mike Calabrese
2006 Four Winds Majestic 23A
38 REPLIES 38

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella

Good Sam Care Team

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
If OP had the wrong date, why would no CS rep. point it out?

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fix your own lunch and forget CW. Much much cheaper in the long run.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
kerrlakeroo wrote:
Mike, why do you think a mom and pop will cost more? By the time all the BS fees and charges are added the pricing usually isn't any better.

In actual fact. Mom, and Pop will give you a better deal, and better service than Camping world. Why? Because they want your business, and are not so large, That one customer don't matter. they all matter to Mom, and Pop.

I know, I was just being polite on a CW owned forum.

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
"wonder why the Good Sam team needs the OP's phone number'

So they can send him lunch! lol

Text "hotdog" to 872367 for your free lunch
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

maddczech
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111 wrote:
AllegroD wrote:
Why do so many berate the OP about a free lunch. It was offered to entice a customer to the store. I would not go to the store for a free lunch and I am only 18 miles from a store. The offer might entice me to go if I had some things I wanted. If I did and they did not have the lunch and the lack of care and communications the OP listed, I would write about it here, also.

X2

Thatยดs what marketing is all about, getting the customer in the door. If you promise that, no matter how small the offer is, what is the message you are sending when you donยดt comply with your offer?

Poor customer service will follow. Geez, if you canยดt throw a couple pups on the grill and get people excited about rving how in the heck are you going to sell an rv?

The op showed the ad to the csr, clueless csr.
So many forum members condescend upon the op's. And it's often the same people.
The ad was false. If it wasn't the GSTeam should fess up to the truth here and not be afraid , but put on the adult pants.

maddczech
Explorer
Explorer
dks wrote:
I wonder why the Good Sam team needs the OP's phone number? The post state all the details required to investigate the story.

My thoughts exactly.
Simply pass it on to the proper team leader.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ah well - no free lunch I would just wander out to my house on wheels and do up a gourmet grilled cheese sammich and have a nap.

Now if it was a swingandamiss on free beer there could be troubles...

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we made it back now. No hotdogs, went to Panda Express. I had the Shanghai Angus with broccoli and Lomain noodles. Son had Orange Chicken, wife had Teriyaki Chicken, and 4 year old grandson had Lomain noodles and grilled chicken. Sure was't hotdog. We're doing that tomorrow over the fire pit.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
AllegroD wrote:
Why do so many berate the OP about a free lunch. It was offered to entice a customer to the store. I would not go to the store for a free lunch and I am only 18 miles from a store. The offer might entice me to go if I had some things I wanted. If I did and they did not have the lunch and the lack of care and communications the OP listed, I would write about it here, also.

X2

Thatยดs what marketing is all about, getting the customer in the door. If you promise that, no matter how small the offer is, what is the message you are sending when you donยดt comply with your offer?

Poor customer service will follow. Geez, if you canยดt throw a couple pups on the grill and get people excited about rving how in the heck are you going to sell an rv?
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
Artum Snowbird wrote:
I would imagine most posters that talk about their experience with CW on here end up feeling better after the private side of their dealings is completed by the Team.

One thing that I notice is that the GS Team responds, and you do not get other dealers responding on here when they have disgruntled customers.

Wonder if there is a reason for that?? Like maybe this is Camping World's site, and the other dealers aren't on here? Hmmmm. Could be. just maybe.

I have yet to figure why CW keeps this part of the forum open. All it is good for is for basher's to air complaints. If Marcus shut it down, he would never miss the bashers and may pick up a new customer or two. We all know, no 2 CW operate the same so some of the customer's that stay away due to the bashing, may find a good CW to do business with.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Artum Snowbird wrote:
I would imagine most posters that talk about their experience with CW on here end up feeling better after the private side of their dealings is completed by the Team.

One thing that I notice is that the GS Team responds, and you do not get other dealers responding on here when they have disgruntled customers.

Wonder if there is a reason for that?? Like maybe this is Camping World's site, and the other dealers aren't on here? Hmmmm. Could be. just maybe.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I actually agree with the policy that CUSTOMERS are free to post the resolution of their problem. Only issue is the customer's typically don't. But, that's their prerogative.

Does that qualify me for a free lunch now?

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Cordelia
Explorer
Explorer
Steeljag wrote:
Possible the OP had the wrong date ?

One would thing that the "customer care team" would know this and could have cleared this up 20 posts back? Maybe the OP was correct that no one at Camping World has a clue?
Gordon
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD L/B E/C D/A 4x4
2003 Eagle Cap 950 Loaded