cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Annoying issue with backup camera

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just purchased a new Motorhome. I am still trying to get used to all the systems and bells and whistles. We took it for a shakedown trip last weekend. During the drive, I noticed something odd with the backup camera. I had the camera on and when I put on the turn signal, the screen would switch to the camera on the mirror like it should. When the turn signal turned off, instead of going back to the rear camera view, the screen would go back to the radio screen. It seems to go back to whatever screen was on before the camera view was selected (IE: if I was looking at the nav screen before I turned on the camera, it would go back to the nav screen after the turn signal ended). The radio/nav/camera system is a 10" axxera unit (not sure the model). Is there some type of setting I can change to make the screen go back to the rear camera after using the turn signals? I have to manually select the camera view again after using the turn signals.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)
5 REPLIES 5

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dennis12 wrote:
On the screen there should be a camera button. that will keep it on camera, when using the turn signals but you will not have the radio. one or the other

I do hit the camera button. The radio has 4 options (radio, Nav, bluetooth, Camera). If I push the camera button, it activates the backup camera. All is good until I put on the turn signal. When I put on the turn signal, I get the side view camera on the mirror. When the turn signal turns off after you make a turn or lane change, the camera gets turned off. I get a blank screen if the radio is turned off. If I had the radio on, it goes back to the radio screen. Once I turn on the blinker, the backup camera will not turn back on unless I manually push the camera button. This is very cumbersome.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

Mike_and_Trish
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:
On the screen there should be a camera button. that will keep it on camera, when using the turn signals but you will not have the radio. one or the other

x2. These systems don't usually default to the rear camera; you have to set that. The only default is that they will override whatever you have set, to go to backup camera (when in reverse) and side camera (when you put a turn signal on). Then it reverts to whatever is set as the default. I keep mine set to "camera" so I can watch my toad, especially when cutting back in after I pass someone.
Mike and Trish
2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee on Blue Ox Aventa LX
Yorkiepoos - Janis and Jimi

ThePowells
Explorer
Explorer
If you really want to see something, turn on your four ways in reverse. It has no idea what camera to show.

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis Hoppert

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure there are no blown bulbs . Ours had problems and after all kind of test it was the turn signal bulb was blown and it would stick to the side and not come back to the rear camera. Just a idea to check to make sure they are not causing the problems.