cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Silverado Diesel

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.off-road.com/blog/2017/06/23/2019-chevy-silverado-diesel-confirmed-in-spy-shots/

Sorry if this has been posted already. It always cracks me up that manufacturers parade these trucks around with cloth/canvas covers on everything to "hide" the new model. Really? Rolling through the gas station like that is sure to avoid attention :S
10 REPLIES 10

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
That's cool! We don't know if it will be the big baby Dmax competing with the Nissan cummins or the little baby Dmax competing with the 3litre engines. Either way, about time!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
rjstractor wrote:
Should be interesting with the F150 diesel coming out as well. If Ram can get their 1500 Ecodiesel sorted out it will make for some good "discussion" on here after the 3-way Ike shootout!

And they do not have camo. Unless you look at the tailpipe they are hiding in plain sight.

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Should be interesting with the F150 diesel coming out as well. If Ram can get their 1500 Ecodiesel sorted out it will make for some good "discussion" on here after the 3-way Ike shootout!
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
kw/00 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
If it weren't for the bankruptcy and diesel fuel ~$0.60 greater than gas, GM would had a diesel in their .5 ton trucks years ago. They even had the factory in New York tooled up and ready to start production IIRC.

That's what I thought, I believe it was a 4.5 diesel right?

Yes a 4.5...
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
If it weren't for the bankruptcy and diesel fuel ~$0.60 greater than gas, GM would had a diesel in their .5 ton trucks years ago. They even had the factory in New York tooled up and ready to start production IIRC.

That's what I thought, I believe it was a 4.5 diesel right?
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Good to see GM stepping up in the 1/2 ton market with a diesel, about time. I'm curios for sure on what this engine really is. So far they have had success with the 2.8 duramax. I'm thinking GM is seeing that Ford has stepped up its game in the power wars in the majority of there upcoming 2018 models. Not sure about dodge but GM will need to do the same. Though I am a fan of the LS series engines, they will have to update to compete. Waiting to see what they do with the famed 6.0 in the HD series as well.
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
When were these pics taken? The last one shows the price for regular fuel at $3.559 per gallon.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
I think rolling a truck around with no badges and no "clothes" would attract far less attention. I think they are trying to attract the attention.... kind of like a Kardashian sex tape that gets "accidentally" leaked.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
mtofell1 wrote:
http://www.off-road.com/blog/2017/06/23/2019-chevy-silverado-diesel-confirmed-in-spy-shots/

Sorry if this has been posted already. It always cracks me up that manufacturers parade these trucks around with cloth/canvas covers on everything to "hide" the new model. Really? Rolling through the gas station like that is sure to avoid attention :S
They gotta get some real world testing done somehow.
Would you really wanna buy ones that were only tested on closed circuit. private courses?

That would make us all beta testers with HUGE investments in new totally unproven models.

Besides, it gives us something to talk about.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW